• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box side reinforing plates

spkshasha

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to put them on my 2000 since it has been so nice out. I have a custom front bumper attached only with two bolts on each side, no brackets. The plates tie into the steering box bolt and one bolt behind it.
Will this be strong enough to use the bumper's d-rings as a recovery point? Also, the instructions say that the steering box might fall when the bolts are taken out. How likely is the steering box to fall? Thanks -Shawn

Two bolt!!??? your kidding right? thats a custom piece of crap right there, i think i have about 6 on each side...and the steering box will want to fall when you get all the bolts out, just hold it up there, also be careful with those bolts, they have a tendancy to break off

I'm going to have to agree with dsgray16 (custom bumper sounds like crap) what about the passenger side-with only two bolts holding the bumper on both sides i would be hesitant to use the D rings.

Back