• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's front towhook brackets...

TRSCobra

NAXJA Forum User
I bought the Rusty's front towhook kit for my xj cause it didn't have the factory ones. A few of my friends are questioning their strength compared to the factory brackets. I already installed, but haven't need to use them yet. Does anyone have any info on these?? Are they junk? Should I go to a junkyard and find factory ones?

i have them...i have managed to bend both of them alittle from banging them on rocks..but they have not failed me yet..

i had a pair before i got a different bumper and they held up pretty good. and i did a lot of yanking with them in the snow. i yanked a Ford F 350 (and he was in pretty deep snow) and i never noticed a bend in the bracket.

The factory brackets bend, too. I haven't confirmed by putting them side-to-side, but the reports I've seen say that both Rusty's and C4x4's brackets are actually heavier gauge steel than the factory units.

Back