• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket T-case shifters.

Planetcat

NAXJA Forum User
In the interest of nothing else to do, I want to replace the lame "L" shaped shifter on the transfer case. Does anyone else make these, maybe for less $, than Novak? The Novak one is sweet, but a little much and more work than it's worth. I just hate the OEM shifter. Oh yeah, I did a search and only the Novak ones came up.

I just put my Novak shifter in and I love it. That old linkage used to come apart every trip. The first time I was able to shift out of 4lo after the trail without a wrench, I felt like it paid for itself. I got the last of their shiny aluminum knobs, deffinatly adds to the "bling" factor. I like the design of this kit because it is VERY adjustable, it will work for many different setups and can be adjusted for your taste. Highly recommend it.

GoJeep (IIRC) replaced his with one out of a ZJ. Same crappy L shaped handle, but with leather wrapped goodness.

r@m

Root Moose said:
GoJeep (IIRC) replaced his with one out of a ZJ. Same crappy L shaped handle, but with leather wrapped goodness.

r@m

Not quite my friend. I have replaced my transfercase lever with one from a 97+ XJ. What you are thinking of is that I replaced my auto Tee handle from a ZJ ;)

Back