NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old March 28th, 2005, 20:32
NAXJA Forum User

Better door seals.

I searced and know there is talk about using 97 and up weatherstrip on a 96 and older to get a better seal. I am in need to get new seals because most mine mine on the front driver soor is ripped. I was looking at Autozone.com and the p/n for a 96 and a 99 is the same for the door seal. Is the dealer the only place to get the thicker seals? I checked ebay and the ones there are for a 96 and down.

-Mike
Old March 28th, 2005, 20:39
Jackstand wheeler

Re: Better door seals.

The only place I managed to find them was at the dealership, but I didn't buy them yet. They wanted almost $70 each!
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:44
NAXJA Forum User

I got mine from the junk yard off a 99 2dr (just had to trim the extra) for $20 total.
The doors were harder to close for the first few days but they are so much quieter.
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:32
NAXJA Forum User

Do a quick internet search - I'm wanting to do the same thing and came across a company selling all types of trim in seconds. Only problem is they sell it in 10m minimum lengths...
Old March 30th, 2005, 06:19
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L
I searced and know there is talk about using 97 and up weatherstrip on a 96 and older to get a better seal. I am in need to get new seals because most mine mine on the front driver soor is ripped. I was looking at Autozone.com and the p/n for a 96 and a 99 is the same for the door seal. Is the dealer the only place to get the thicker seals? I checked ebay and the ones there are for a 96 and down.

-Mike
I'd almost bet that they're aftermarket style, one size fits all and they won't have the thickness you're looking for. MADXJ's site has the writeup on this with the OEM part numbers.