• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Bragging

kc7bur

NAXJA Forum User
Last week at Pacific Beach, the campground, I was spinning around on the sand. Now I can say I've wheeled coast to coast (the bragging part). The last time my cherokee was in sand was at Jacksonville, FL. Sand leaves real cool tracks when ya get done spinning around.

kc7bur said:
Last week at Pacific Beach, the campground, I was spinning around on the sand. Now I can say I've wheeled coast to coast (the bragging part). The last time my cherokee was in sand was at Jacksonville, FL. Sand leaves real cool tracks when ya get done spinning around.
I agree, Beach (or dune) driving is A LOT of fun ! It leaves cool tracks but it sure is a pain in the ass when you hit something underneath your rig with a hammer (six months later) and get both eyes (ears, nose & mouth) loaded with sand! :smsoap:

That reminds me I need to spray underneath, get all that salt/ sand out of there. There was some soft spots, would hate to get stuck on the beach.

I was going to say, wheeling on the beach is fun, but a real pain to protect everything from afterwards. lots of sand and salt can do really long term damage.

I still like the SNOW!!

I like the snow too, it makes a easy forest road challenging. (see last 4x trip post). Hell, for some, it makes any road challenging.
I seem to remember alot more snow around Western Wash. when I was younger. Sea level type snow.

Yep, this year has been really bad for snow fall, most of the skiing is not even open!!

Michael

kc7bur said:
I like the snow too, it makes a easy forest road challenging. (see last 4x trip post). Hell, for some, it makes any road challenging.
I seem to remember alot more snow around Western Wash. when I was younger. Sea level type snow.

okay...since we're bragging :cool:

Look what I bought and installed tonight... :repair:

310-136-LG.jpg

woohoo! :yelclap: Airaid

I've got my Lift too!! RE6030 3.5". Those big black Leaf Springs look awesome. I didn't get the opportunity to dig into the rest (yet). More pics soon!! The OME Shocks don't look as lonesome in the garage anymore!

I'm going to have to wait 'til after this weekend though...:(

Last edited:
I would say that I have so much rust on my drivetrain that I don't care about salt. But all of those freshly powdercoated Rubicon Express parts change my mind.

Mark: Plan on a SYE. See you Saturday.

ECKSJAY said:
Install was pretty quick, wasn't it? ;)

Keeps you from getting any splashies up into the filter, too.
The hardest part of the install was getting the little rubber dam on top on straight. It was a SIMPLE install, otherwise!

Splashies up into my filter?? Is that like getting bubbles up my whoopsiedaisie? ;) :spin1:

mr_sniggly said:
okay...since we're bragging :cool:

Look what I bought and installed tonight... :repair:

310-136-LG.jpg

woohoo! :yelclap: Airaid

I've got my Lift too!! RE6030 3.5". Those big black Leaf Springs look awesome. I didn't get the opportunity to dig into the rest (yet). More pics soon!! The OME Shocks don't look as lonesome in the garage anymore!

I'm going to have to wait 'til after this weekend though...:(

this is probably a better upgrade than their TB spacer.

mr_sniggly said:
Splashies up into my filter?? Is that like getting bubbles up my whoopsiedaisie? ;) :spin1:

Indeed.

As long as we're bragging I'll add that I'm getting my new MTRs put on tomorrow, gears are in the shop waiting to go in, header and rear No-Slip will be here Thursday!

Well, there goes that tax return, lol.

Tell about Jacks Pass when you get a chance.
And now for the braging part: :lecture:
Last time I was up ripp'in around Jacks Pass was in Fall of '02..........
on my KLR 650. HA! Top THAT for bragg'in about Jackass Pass. :gag:

Let's brag about, not going to Jack's pass. Not laying my XJ on it's side and Brian not flipping his Jeep. Mark knows what I mean.

Jason

What do you mean,I can`t brag about using my winch and with the help of some one else`s winch save a roll ? Or saving that toyota pu from it`s death(it isn`t far from it anyway) :rattle:
It was a good day anyway :)

Or what about Scott and I getting Fawked on the Wall Trail. Or the TJ that just wanted to roll over and play dead. Or Mike's optional exit. Or the fact that NO major parts broke.
JMotorsprt said:
Brian not flipping his Jeep.

Jason

I have NEVER seen anyone drive a jeep on ONE tire and not roll. :eek:

Hans

Last edited:
Today, I am going to work, just to recooperate from yesterday. My muscles are soar with all of that jumping in and out of the XJ.

Next Run?????

I heard something about Evans Creek in April?

What are my priorities to purchase for more bragging? LOL

What will keep my Jeep safer without breaking the bank.

Thanks Guys
Jason

Back