• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone opened their own intake runners?/renixstroker

frsno jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I am building a renix stroker, and i had the intake tanked.
I was looking at the intake ports as i matched up the intake gasket, and i seen quite a bit of materiel that could be ground out to open the intake port a bit.
Has this been done?Is it worth the effort/gain?

Last edited:
I opened up mine about 1/8" all the way around, but quite frankly you need to do much more than that all the way through the head to make it worth your while. The restriction is really where the runner makes a sharp turn down to the chamber area. Just smooth it all out and call it good.

An HO head really outflows a Renix head, and I don't think any amount of porting on the intake manifold or the head is going to change that.

CRASH

Just match the intake to the FelPro head gasket and do the same with the head. - It is possible to get a Renix head to flow better than a stock HO head with a lot of Porting time, but much easier to use a HO head to start with.

Back