• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

did I order the right wheels?

jephs422

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a set of 17" beadlocks from Allied racing. He recommended that I go with the 17x 9.5 with 3-1/2" of backspacing. He said that was what he normally does for the xj's. I could have sworn I needed a 4-1/2" backspacing. Should I reorder?

i got 3.75" bs and wish i had got more like 4.25 or 4.5

of course though it will also depend on what size lift and tires you are using, swapped axles, fender mods, etc.

if your going to be running 37's on stock axles and swapping in D44/9"... shouldnt you have done some research on your back spacing before ponying up for beadlocks? Thats a situation where ya need to know more about your rig than the parts guy. You will probably be ok with 3.75, but could have gone 4" or 4.25" depending on where you want your tires under the truck and what the new axles came out of.

well, I'm going to narrow the new axles to whatever width they need to be, but for now I guess I'll just be running mudflaps. Plus, I am going to have to run a 1" adapter because the new wheels and axles will be 5 on 51/2 and my current axles are 5 on 4 1/2

with stock axles thats gunna be really far out and look like crap, maybe after the swap they will tuck in alright... but if they are anything like the stock set up, that will put them like 3 inches out from the fenders.

damn really? crap. Maybe it won't look too bad with the lift, but with my luck it will. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can't get them to make another set.

Back