• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Experience with Cobra 29 WXNWST and Uniden PC78 Elite?

nickr

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the market for a new CB and I can't seem to find enough information to help me decide between the Cobra 29 WXNWST and Uniden PC78 Elite. Both CBs offer similar features such as weather chanels and backlite face plates. One of the main things I'm concerned about is the Cobra Sound Tracker and the Uniden Dynamic Squech Control. I know the uniden has a switch that you can flip on it that does a pretty good job of filtering out the noise but I don't have any experience with the Cobra Sound Tracker. I would like any information that anyone can offer.:us:

Thanks

Last edited:
Just a thought.... I used a CB in my Jeep for quite some time. Can't remember what kind because I don't use it anymore. Most of our club use the two-way FM radios, FRS or GMRS. The FRS style have power similar to CB's and better sound quality. Ther GMRS have more range but require a license, which is simple to obtain.

Well this just happens to be the forum that I read and post in all the time. In my opinion I have a heavily modified jeep and last time I checked adding a CB was a modification. Is this not the "modified" tech discussion board?:mad:

I use a Cobra WST - swap it from my tow rig to trail rig all the time. Not terribly powerful as far as range goes, but it does what I need it to.

Back