NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old January 9th, 2005, 14:57
NAXJA Forum User

TC Drop Question

I'm about to do an RE 5 inch lift on my 93. I was going to wait to see if I needed the SYE or If I could do without but...

I have drop brackets and braces to put on. I hear they are a pain to line up. If I put the TCase spacers in for now, then need the SYE after all...

1. Will I have to remove the TCase spacers?
2. If I do, will the hole alignment for the DB braces get all whack again when I pull out the bolts?

3. When you order an SYE from DPG, do they know how long the drive shaft should be for each application of lift? (IE. can I order one up ahead of time and get one that works?)

Thanks
HarveOut-
Old January 9th, 2005, 15:15
NAXJA Forum User

Re: TC Drop Question

You can get a drive shaft made from your factory specs. Call Dirk and he should be able to get you on the right track on how/what to measure.
Old January 9th, 2005, 15:33
NAXJA Forum User

What are you doing on here? You are supposed to be out testing that new suspension.

Thanks for the info. I regret not ordering that stuff when I ordered the lift. I want to do it all together, so now I have to try and get the SYE and DS here before my garagetime runs out on Wed.

Can you do the AA SYE without removing the TCase?
Old January 9th, 2005, 17:03
NAXJA Member

Talking Re: TC Drop Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo
Can you do the AA SYE without removing the TCase?
its much easier to remove the case - too many small parts to deal with otherwise...

stupid springs...

you have to take the case apart which means supporting the trans and removing the x-member anyway - might as well pull the case and work in the light and right side up....

HTH
-Ranger
Nothing in Moderation . . .. . . . .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . competitor #91 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Ride Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C. View Post
As if the program is running with some high level of integrity and only the best of the best win.
Old January 9th, 2005, 18:52
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_ranger
its much easier to remove the case - too many small parts to deal with otherwise...
you have to take the case apart which means supporting the trans and removing the x-member anyway - might as well pull the case and work in the light and right side up.... -Ranger
It does not require the crossmember to be removed,Ive done several in the vehicle with ease!
Old January 9th, 2005, 20:08
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_ranger
you have to take the case apart which means supporting the trans and removing the x-member anyway - might as well pull the case and work in the light and right side up....
-Ranger
WHAT u don't have to remove the case and i don't know what springs u are talking about doing a sye all there are are snap rings that can be a pain without the proper tools.