• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow Run 12/18/04

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
Bring it stock or not.
Lets do an unoffical snow run on Saturday Dec 18th upto Jacks Pass.
Not sure on meeting place or time yet.

Mandatory equipment:
Recovery points
Extra Cloths and food
Recovery strap
Fire extinguisher
First aid kit
Good additude

Suggested equipment:
Shovel
CB
Spare parts
Tire chains
Hi lift jack
Warm cloths

I figure we will go as far as we can have Lunch and play around then head back down. So dress warm maybe even bring a sled or two. It will be a family friendly event.

So who all is coming?
I am for one

Last edited:
i may attend i have got a 91 xj lockers front and rear and 35mtrs and a winch i am going to try to attend if work lets me. We could meet at Dennys or Buzz in in Monroe and get some breakfest before heading out its just a suggestion

Would someone enlighten me as to where jacks pass is? It may be too far of a drive for my jeep since I am planning on lockers then and I'm not sure how well they will agree with the snow on the roads.

It is on US-2 By Stevens pass in WA. Correct??

Dennys would be fine with me.
I am going to need some directions.

Go with a leave time of 9:00 am
And an arrive time of 8:00 am for those who want breakfast.
Or something like that.

Ugh!, 347 miles and 5 hours and 35 minutes according to expedia. I think I'm going to have to pass on this one. Damn. It looks like I will be wheelin localy that weekend.

Sorry to hear that but I defininty understand the long drive thing.

I don't actually know the Jacks Pass area, I heard that it is a great snow run. So we are looking for someone who knows the pass and would possibly like to lead.

been there once if you can get to the main conjuction i know where a couple roads go but it would be better to find someone that has been there bmore than me didx you happen to post this run on pnw?

Minor hi-jack.

Do any of you PNW guys have this months Tri-Power? I'm on the cover and can't find a flipin' copy, which is kinda rediculous because my local club pres. is the editor.

CW said:
Minor hi-jack.

Do any of you PNW guys have this months Tri-Power? I'm on the cover and can't find a flipin' copy, which is kinda rediculous because my local club pres. is the editor.

Who Clay?

Lucky you

I have been up to Jacks Pass a couple of times years ago now and I can get us to the main entrance (Spider web of trails) And I have been down a few of them some distance before getting stuck with tons of vehicles in front of us. The best directions I can provide are this:

US HWY 2 is the Stevens Pass Hwy it goes from Everett WA on the West side to Wenatchee on the East side.

The town of Index is on your way up the West side of stevens pass and the entrace to Jacks Pass is just outside of Index. If you turn North at Index and follow that road all the way up to the end of the road that is it.

I will try to get some maps that we can use for more info.

Michael

I just looked at a couple of general maps that I have and could not find Jacks Pass on any of them so all of the info below is based on my memory and belief that I was at or near Jacks Pass until someone can prove me wrong or right.

I will probably be able to come and will be bringing my wife and 3 kids.

Michael

2xtreme said:
I have been up to Jacks Pass a couple of times years ago now and I can get us to the main entrance (Spider web of trails) And I have been down a few of them some distance before getting stuck with tons of vehicles in front of us. The best directions I can provide are this:

US HWY 2 is the Stevens Pass Hwy it goes from Everett WA on the West side to Wenatchee on the East side.

The town of Index is on your way up the West side of stevens pass and the entrace to Jacks Pass is just outside of Index. If you turn North at Index and follow that road all the way up to the end of the road that is it.

I will try to get some maps that we can use for more info.

Michael

hards91xj said:
Your the one cought with your rear in a hole ,your on pg 5 also. :laugh3:
Yeah, I took a bad line on an off-camber trail (the one in my avitar). My buddy riding with me was a little freaked out when I had to climb out my window. :) I havn't seen any of the pics yet. Someone want to scan them? I just need to bother Clay I think.

i would join you guys but im a little to south to make it at 9 am
i dont thinhk i have ever been up at 6 am before
i thkn my cherokee on 33's with 4.56 gears would be okay for the trails tho

Well, If I get the day off, I will be leaving from Olympia. I have not clue at what time. I don't get home from work until after midnight the previous evening.

I will be there. I have the day off. And my overtime has been eliminated from my schedule. I get my weekends back (Mon-Wed). I will have time to install my CB and Tow Hooks this weekend. Now I am working on the Full sized Spare.

You have less than a week to get those tow hooks and give it a test. My 0" lift is running 30-9.5-15's

So are we going or what?

Jason

Back