• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will anyone here put in my gears for 200?

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i have my 4.56's all ready to go and my installer backed out, i cant afford shop fees so im lookin for an alternative. if someone has some freetime and would like to make a little cash let me know please.
or if someone knows a shop in this general area that would do it for around 200-250 let me know.
thanks,
eric

inner shafts arent pulled becasue i have to be able to drive my jeep to wherever the job isdone at. everything is paid for and ready to go.

dellstopjeep said:
inner shafts arent pulled becasue i have to be able to drive my jeep to wherever the job isdone at. everything is paid for and ready to go.

You can pull the inner shafts and leave the stubs in the unibearings (have to or they'll come apart, ask some of us how we know). Makes installation a lot easier for the installer because they have to do NOTHING at the ends of the axle at that point. You might find difficulty in getting a shop to do the work if you didn't buy the parts from them. Are these new or used parts you're using?

new carrier and gears for front, also came with new seal

and the rears are used along with carrier altho i ont really need the carrier, i had a couple thing missing with the used that i bought so everything i think i have

ring and pinion for both sides
carriers
spider gears
all bolts to hold ring down to carrier
and new seals for each differential
is there anything else?

will you do if for me?
200 sound okay
haha
sorry i want these guys in soon so i can go to 33's since my 31's gettin near done tread wise.

I believe John at Gaylon's drive lines will do it for 200 an end. Their shop is located in Lehi and they do good work. They are in the phone book.

I'm still waiting for you to get back to me. My friend in Moses Lake does it for $200 an axle. If you're thinking $200-250 for both good luck :)

- Kevin

verrive said:
I'm still waiting for you to get back to me. My friend in Moses Lake does it for $200 an axle. If you're thinking $200-250 for both good luck :)

- Kevin
yeah seriously, 200-250 is usually for one axle not both, give kev's bud call

Back