• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Borla Exhaust for 1997-01 XJ

Cronus

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased a 1997 XJ Sport. The muffler needs replacing so I looked to Borla for a cat-back system. To my surprise they don't make one ! They make systems for XJs up to 1996. Interestly enough, I was talking to a rep at 4wd.com and he said a rep from Borla said they would develop a system for the 1997-01 XJs but they need a donor vehicle for design and fitting. The deal is they want to borrow a 1997-01 XJ for a short period to do the development. The owner gets a free Borla SS exhaust. Since I live in Connecticut, I can't make it to California !! To all you West coast 97-01 XJ owners, give Borla a call and become a "Donor". We all thank you in advance.

Borla Performance Industries
5901 Edison Drive
Oxnard, California 93033

Phone

Toll-Free
877.GO.BORLA - 877.462.6752

i talked to borla yesterday and they told me they were making a cat back for the 2000 xj's and would be released to the public in like 2 months. i guess they already found that donor. i'll give them a call again to see whats up.

gibson makes a kit for up to 2000 xj's so im not really sure why you bought that one, but as long as it works whats the difference. borla is the same way, they say their exhaust only fits up to a 1996 xj, but if you did it with gibson and it worked fine, i guess borla's should too.

k i got it all cleared up from borla. they are currently making a cat back for the 2000 xj. the only difference between the 1996 and the one they are making now is the flange that hooks up to cat converter. the muffler and the pipes heading to the rear are the same so it would work. if you guys have access to a welder or a tube shop the cat back system would work. or you can always wait until it comes out.

etaniyani said:
k i got it all cleared up from borla. they are currently making a cat back for the 2000 xj. the only difference between the 1996 and the one they are making now is the flange that hooks up to cat converter. the muffler and the pipes heading to the rear are the same so it would work. if you guys have access to a welder or a tube shop the cat back system would work. or you can always wait until it comes out.

yeah, that was the only difference in the gibson exhaust too.

Back