• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac-Lok 2 GO

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 XJ, 4dr 4.0L 5sp with a Chrysler 8.25 rear axle, with no limited slip feature, so whats my best bet, I have a RE 3.5" SuperRide lift in my garage ready to go, and I am planning on mudders BFG MT or TrXus MT's 31", the Jeep is pretty much were I want it to be right now, once the lift is on, and Tires, I plan on buying a new model 2000/01 and putting in alot of $$ in that one, however since I am going to have this one for another year or so, I was wondering if it would be sensible to get a limited slip rear axle or the components to make it a limited slip? what is the cost and whats the most economical? I am just starting out so I do not want to put all of my eggs in this basket, so should I just leave it alone, or can I do something cheap and superficial..lol??

G.Q.

G.Q. ... Lots of folks have talked about the "lunchbox" type locker on this Board. The Lock Right seems to be very popular and fairly inexpensive. There are several others, like the Aussie, Powertrax No-Slip, and EZ Locker. Do a search here and on the web ... lots of info there.

Les

Don't bother. Sounds like you don't even know if you need a traction aiding device yet and you're replacing the jeep in a year. Learn to drive it open and you'll be that much better when you fix up the new one.

I have an 8.25" also, I have been looking for a locker for my XJ, Detroit doesnt make an EZ Locker, but they do make their "full blown" locker for around $500. If you wanna go cheap I would go with Powertrax.

Back