• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake vibration....lift

Codeman

NAXJA Forum User
I just put on a 3 inch lift, and evrything is fine untill I go to slow down, and I get a vibration. Not real audible, but you can def feel it. Anybody know what it is or how to fix it? My angles look fine and evry thing else is fine, but I am concerned about this.

You can check to see if its along one of your driveshafts by removing each of them individually and driving a short time on the one that's left. For example, remove your front driveshaft and drive around on your rear shaft only to see if the vibration goes away. If it does not, then replace your front driveshaft, remove your rear one and drive around in 4wdHigh (this will engage your front shaft and allow you to drive) to see if the vibration goes away. If it does not go away with either shaft, then the vibration is somewhere else. Vibes after a lift often come from a change in angles, but it could be u-joints or other things as well. I should also point out that most people who lift their jeeps report some levels of vibration that no amount of monkeying or adjusting will completely remove.
Buck

Back