• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 Open or Trac-Loc

R

roke40

I was looking into ordering a Powertrax No-Slip and saw two different models for the 29 spline. They've got one for the open diff and one for trac-loc. Is there any identification on the outside of the diff or a data plate under the hood to let me know which one I have. I bought it used so I don't have the original paperwork. It's a 98.

roke40 said:
I was looking into ordering a Powertrax No-Slip and saw two different models for the 29 spline. They've got one for the open diff and one for trac-loc. Is there any identification on the outside of the diff or a data plate under the hood to let me know which one I have. I bought it used so I don't have the original paperwork. It's a 98.

You can go to the stealership and ask them to print you out a build sheet. All you need is your VIN. The parts department is where they will do this for you.

My 98 had a purple tag around the axle tube near the passenger side drum with all the info.

Thanks guys. I'll check for the tag on the axle tube first and if that's not there I'll head down to the dealer.

Check in the glove box. Sometimes they have a warning about the limited slip if it is installed. That's where I found mine in my '98.

Easy way to know for sure is to jack up the vehicle with both rear tires off the ground (e-brake off) and rotate the tires. If they both spin the same direction you've got the trac-lok. If they spin in opposite directions it's open. You'll find out quicker this way than in trying to get something from the dealership...

Back