• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf springs no come off-ee

Codeman

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to put a 3" full leaf lift on mine, and I cant get the bolts loose that hold them to the unibody frame. Using air tools, tried breaker bar. Thought of cutting them off, but then I would have to get new bolts and get the part of the bolt that is still in there out. I need some help. have used some PB blaster too....no luck.
Thanks

Also- are the shocks supposed to push out wards? mine don't- the new and the old, so I was wondering bc I know some do....

try a breaker bar with a long steel pipe. when i did it, one of the metal sleeves had managed to cold weld itself to the bolt, making it extremely difficult to turn and impossible to pull out. i cut the bolt between the mount and spring and ripped her outta there. have fun!

beware... the nut on the inside of the unibody rail is tack welded... you can break the weld when using air tools if the sleeve it cold welded to the bushing. I speak from experience.

you may have to drill a hole under the rear seat big enuff to put an open ended wrench on it. have fun with that... i did.

Back