• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME Vendors?

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
I am not sure where else to put this on the forum, but I expect I will get good answers right here.

A search only yielded me DPG. I am guessing they are no longer active.

I am looking at ordering a set of CS033RB leaf springs. Four Wheel Parts will ship them to me directly, but only after I drive 30 miles to show them my credit card. :dunce:

I have better things to do than that.

Amazon has an east coast Jeep vendor that I can order from. I figured I would check here before going that route.

I am not sure where else to put this on the forum, but I expect I will get good answers right here.

I am looking at ordering a set of CS033RB leaf springs. Four Wheel Parts will ship them to me directly, but only after I drive 30 miles to show them my credit card. :dunce:

Amazon has an east coast Jeep vendor that I can order from. I figured I would check here before going that route.

I've used Dirk a few times as have a few friends...
http://dpgoffroad.com/

Curt

Kolak over on Jeepforum seems to be a guy for OME. I've priced some stuff through him and he seems very knowledgeable and has good prices.

You can order from 4wheelparts online.

I have em avail for $130ea. And likely about 15$ to ship if you have a commercial addy that a big truck can get it?

https://www.amazon.com/ARB-CS033RB-Dakar-Leaf-Spring/dp/B004PA0VIC

I see that you commented that one already, missed it on first read.

Seems like your best bet. I have bought from that vendor before, and been pleased with their service.

We are off to inauspicious start.

EastCoastJeepsOMEOPT1.jpg

EastCoastJeepsOMEOPT6.jpg

EastCoastJeepsOMEOPT2.jpg

EastCoastJeepsOMEOPT7.jpg

No center pin.

I think there might be one of the plastic guides still left intact.

We will see what they do about it and how long it takes.

I can't imagine it shipped without one. More likely somehow got broken in shipping?

Still not good.

I am trading emails with them.

Refund or replacement was their question. Probably means I am entirely back to square one on ordering these. Which means likely a repeat of the same sort of shipping damage all over.

I would rather have someone ship me a replacement pin and new guides. Put those in a box and they might make it intact. But that would probably have to come from Australia. Via the slow boat. In June.

:banghead:

That stuff is universal. What's diameter of the pin, and size of rivet head on guide?

I have tons of that shit.

The pin is 5/16" dia, 2- 7/16" long, with a head diameter of 33/64". Spring plate on the axle has a 17/32" hole.

The rivet heads on the guides measure 19/32" diameter. What I need are the plastic sleeves which are intended to slide over 1/4" x 1" steel, in lengths ranging from 1- 7/16" to 3- 1/4".

I went looking for 5/16" pins on Amazon Prime last week and struck out. Larger sizes are readily available 2-day, but no luck on 5/16".

No response from the seller since I sent them pictures, and I expect they have gone home for the day by now.

5/16 is stock XJ.

Use 5/16 grade 8 cap screws. Performance leafs come with cap screws new.

I'll look at my parts bin tomorrow, am at SFR today working on 4643.

I was able to reach ARB USA today. They have, and are going to ship me, a set of new clip liners and a new center pin. Should be here by Friday.

This has the potential to get quite entertaining.

I sent East Coast Jeeps a response to let them know that ARB was sending parts. It seems they didn't see that. But they emailed me this instead:

On 2017-01-03 09:54, East Coast Jeeps - Amazon Marketplace wrote:
> Hello
> I just got word back from the head office the issue we are having is
> the pictures you provided shows units shipped with UPS, we shipped
> this to you under fedex shipment as we do not have a UPS account
>
> Ship Via : FedEx Home
> FEDEX ***296170516***
> FEDEX ***296170516***
>
> The items pictured were not shipped by us.
> East
I just sent them, for the second time, a copy of one of the shipping labels, and this time circled in red the FedEx logo.

Particularly entertaining in light of this, previous email from them:

Hello
We are getting this corrected for you, please confirm you are ok with
a replacement order, these are shipped bare there is no packaging for
these, UPS is suppose to ship them not destroy them and then ship
them, sorry for the inconvenience they have caused you and thank you
for the pictures.
Thanks
East
______
Note the reference to UPS and not FedEx.

:dunce:

I am thinking someone doesn't have two synapses to rub together.

But if they want to call me a liar they better be prepared to back it up.

It appears ARB never fails to deliver on the service side. I've had several extremely good experiences with them in connection with their lockers.

David Bricker / SYR

For only about 7$ more you could have had them installed by now :)

Just add a little salt while you twist that blade.

Thanks.

:gee:

Back