• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PicknPull crushing non airbag Cherokees

Goose_XJ88

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Calling all Pick n pull junkies (Cherokees specifically)

So we need to help each other out and take the toolkit member survey that they send you.

Be sure to give the store a bad rating and note wherever possible that you are unhappy with the service bc they are crushing Cherokees without airbags. (That's the reason all the XJs are crushed in the yard)

After talking with the Fresno store or area manager (super nice and helpful guy) it seems that an outside agency is providing the bad info and saying that 88-96 Cherokees have airbags.

Let's team up and make the managers know how pissed we are. I want to try and get this to their corporate office or as high as it needs to so that all the Cherokees aren't smashed before we can get interior parts.

So take the servey and explain our position to the manager when they email you back. I'm going to post this to all jeep pages that I am a part of and see if we can get this changed.

There are 95 and pre cherokees hitting the yard here north of you in san jose/ moss landing. Must be a bad leak on that end. But pick n pull have been crushing cars left right lately, the sheer number coming into the north/ commercial yard has them backed up. There was a nice 1998 freedom edition 4x4 with 179k miles we picked to be a omplete car for sale and the dumb people production guy that day crashed it when we had it clearly designated as a builder car!!

As of the air bag issue, when the takata air bag recalls were happening, we still put those cars in the yard, the production crew would slash or gut the air bags so they could not be sold and injure please people.

I was hoping that you would see this and comment Bravo as I remembered you work at a yard.

The Freso Manager has been really helpful and understanding of the situation. He said that the next few early model XJs they get he plans on checking out personally and retraining his employees for what to look for airbag wise.

Now if I could get through to the local Sacramento area managers or store managers the same way, it would be awesome. I have asked the Fresno guy to pass his findings along to other managers and to corporate so that the flawed third party system gets fixed.

Back