• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express control arm squeaking

phuddleston

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE 3.5 inch super ride kit, which has the fixed lower control arms. From the time I installed it, the front control arms would squeak pretty bad. I confirmed this by loosening them past where I would feel safe driving much to see what happened. While not torqued to spec, they would not squeak, but they would pop when I turned, etc. due to being loose.

I have greased them until the grease is oozing from everywhere on multiple occaisions. I installed this lift in March, so it has had 9 months experience. It has neither gotten better or worse in this time. Upon inspection, the bushings look fine and I can't see any damage, so it may just be an annoyance.

Is this a known issue with RE bushings? I tried searching some to see if I could find anything out about whether others were experiencing this, but didn't find much. If someone thinks that I should replace the bushings, what would the recommendation for those be?

Thanks,
Paul

This is the replacement bushings that Rubicon Express has with the Super Ride name: http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Suspe...s.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=20&t_pt=10107&t_pn=R/ERE3704

I am not sure that these are the same. I seem to remember that when I put them in the control arms, that the soft parts were split and I had to grease them up and put half in from one side, then half in the other. Then, there was just one crush sleeve that I had to beat in the middle of them. So, if you hit the link I put up top, the soft and hard parts were almost opposite, if that makes sense. 2 soft parts and 1 hard.

Also to add: If poly is cheaper, then that is probably what they are.

I had those control arms on mine for several years and they didnt seem to squeak. Mine had rubber bushings. They look like the bushings in that link.
I just switched to WJ lowers when I did control arm drop brackets.

Back