NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 25th, 2016, 16:18
NAXJA Forum User

Thumbs up Re: Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer32 View Post
The wiring can be as hard or easy as you want to make it. If you do the bare minimum to the harness and use a separate fuse/relay block its not overly difficult. I went nuts and integrated it into the jeep harness quite a bit and used the jeep Power Distribution Center to run everything.

Lots of info on lt1swap.com. Start there.
Cool, thanks man appreciate it!
Old November 25th, 2016, 16:56
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Quote:
The wiring can be as hard or easy as you want to make it. If you do the bare minimum to the harness and use a separate fuse/relay block its not overly difficult. I went nuts and integrated it into the jeep harness quite a bit and used the jeep Power Distribution Center to run everything.

defiantly look over lt1 swap info, read it till your eyes bleed. if it intimidates you enough you can send out both harnesses to be reworked and then just do minimal work joining them together
Old November 25th, 2016, 20:01
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleenrob View Post
defiantly look over lt1 swap info, read it till your eyes bleed. if it intimidates you enough you can send out both harnesses to be reworked and then just do minimal work joining them together
By reworking the harness, does that mean just getting rid of all the sensors on the Jeep side that the Chevy side has? I don't understand what the jeep harness would be for, besides HVAC, driving lights, and ignition?
Old November 25th, 2016, 20:04
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieG82 View Post
By reworking the harness, does that mean just getting rid of all the sensors on the Jeep side that the Chevy side has? I don't understand what the jeep harness would be for, besides HVAC, driving lights, and ignition?
That is essentially it. The GM system needs power and grounds but you need to tie in keyed 12v+ to trigger the start circuit.

I highly suggest reading through this thread again, my thread, cleanrob's thread, Frankz's thread... and absorb all the info...

....just so we don't clutter up PJ's thread with questions.
Old November 25th, 2016, 20:11
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
That is essentially it. The GM system needs power and grounds but you need to tie in keyed 12v+ to trigger the start circuit.

I highly suggest reading through this thread again, my thread, cleanrob's thread, Frankz's thread... and absorb all the info...

....just so we don't clutter up PJ's thread with questions.

True True! My bad! I love reading through builds like this, still have to check out yours, thanks for the info though, I appreciate it!
Old November 25th, 2016, 20:24
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieG82 View Post
True True! My bad! I love reading through builds like this, still have to check out yours, thanks for the info though, I appreciate it!
jeremyb's thread is a good one too.

esentially everything engine management related( aside form gauge related senders, if you use factory gauges that is) can go. everything else stays.

gm harness just needs wired for standalone at minimum, and the computer flashed to remove VATS
Old November 26th, 2016, 15:57
NAXJA Member # 788

Quote:

I also integrated into the Jeep harness and used the Jeep PDC. It's much cleaner than having two harnesses.
Old November 26th, 2016, 21:58
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D View Post
I also integrated into the Jeep harness and used the Jeep PDC. It's much cleaner than having two harnesses.
I agree with this 103%
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:12
NAXJA Forum User

Another FYI post. I'm trying to get into the garage to do some Jeep work, but I just can't find the time on my weekends. I'm going to try and get in there after work in the next few weeks to get some earplugs in the transfer case adapter and i might replace the internal oil seal. I have a spare one just in case.

Still need to get the registration figured out. I think i can sell and insure the Jeep under my wife and I can get around paying the outrageous fine and carrying SR22.

I have a buddy that can hopefully build me an exhaust.
Old February 27th, 2017, 09:45
NAXJA Forum User

great thread man, just finished reading over the whole thing! i plan to embark on this journey here in the next couple months as my 93 is on its last leg. If you could help me out with one question, if i was to run all after market gauges would i just need ignition, and all my body accessory wiring from the xj? I don't mean to steal your thread.
Old February 27th, 2017, 10:21
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xjRJ View Post
great thread man, just finished reading over the whole thing! i plan to embark on this journey here in the next couple months as my 93 is on its last leg. If you could help me out with one question, if i was to run all after market gauges would i just need ignition, and all my body accessory wiring from the xj? I don't mean to steal your thread.
Not to hijack PJ's thread but I did all aftermarket gauges on my swap. You might browse through my thread to see what I did.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1127403
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:51
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
you can keep the factory gauges on 96- but yes essentially you can get rid of most everything except nessesary circuits
Old February 28th, 2017, 11:09
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
I'd imagine it would be a hell of a lot easier on a 93. I kind-of wish i started with a <95 so i could just be OBD1 smog compliant. Or i really wish I started with a '92 so I could just register as a classic vehicle and not worry about smog at all.
Old March 11th, 2017, 21:55
NAXJA Forum User

Hey guys so no Jeep update but this is the reason why...

Dude decided to come 6 weeks early so he'll have a stay in the NICU for a little while. Jameson Hunter born 3/10/17
Old March 11th, 2017, 21:56
NAXJA Forum User

Congratulations PJ!