NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > NorthWest Chapter > NorthWest For Sale/Wanted
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NorthWest For Sale/Wanted For Sale/Wanted items. Local sales only, if you are willing to ship, please use the National Classifieds. No SPAM.

Old July 13th, 2015, 17:40
NAXJA Member

(4) Bilstein HD 4600 series shocks (0-2") $70

4 for the price of one!

These are the blue and yellow Bilsteins that are the same length as stock shocks (read 0-2" lift) but have heavier dampening than stock.

I'll be perfectly honest, these shocks have a lot of miles on them. Probably 50-80k.

BUT

They're Bilsteins!

The compression and rebound dampening is still excellent! I just replaced them with Bilstein 5100 series shocks (after how well these have held up I'm a lifetime Bilstein fan) and there was no real improvement in ride quality. If anything the old 4600 shocks were dampened a little heavier than the new.

If you have a stockish ( I ran these for 6 or so years at 1.5" lift) jeep that you daily drive these are the perfect replacement shocks. They would definitely be better even in their used condition than new parts-store shocks, especially if you do any towing or drive loaded down with camping gear.

I'm in between phones so just message me. This is also why I didn't upload any pictures.

Thanks
I'd have to say a hand sledge or an angle grinder is the most useful tool though. You can do anything from brutalize your fingers to breaking everything around the thing you're trying to hit/cut with them.
Old August 13th, 2015, 11:35
NAXJA Member

Re: (4) Bilstein HD 4600 series shocks (0-2") $70

btt
I'd have to say a hand sledge or an angle grinder is the most useful tool though. You can do anything from brutalize your fingers to breaking everything around the thing you're trying to hit/cut with them.