• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built 1999 Jeep XJ Cherokee ($25K Invested)

NickThePyro

NAXJA Forum User
8 years ago this jeep started its life as a bone stock 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ as my first vehicle. I had a vision, a dream which you see below. After thousands of hours on multiple jeep forums I meticulously pieced together what I feel is the perfect northwest wheeler. The parts used were always the highest strength and quality offered, when that wouldn’t suffice I switched to custom fabrication. This is not a vehicle for tree hugging hippies, and it probably uses what your hybrid saves. It does not drive like a Cadillac, and you better be used to lifted vehicles to purchase this monster. It deeply saddens me having to sell my pride and joy, however I have a new vision brewing in my head that needs funds to get the wheels rolling. I have enjoyed this thing for how it was built to be used, but overall is in superb condition. I have put well over $15,000 in parts into the jeep, not including the thousands in labor costs or the purchase price of the vehicle. First person with $10K gets it, and no I am not interested in a part out, and no I do not want to trade for a [insert lame vehicle here]. Clean Carfax and title in hand.

Suspension ($1,980)
$1500 Rubicon Express RE6200 5.5” Extreme Duty Short Arm Lift Kit & Sway Bar Disconnects​
$320 Rubicon Express 5.5” Lift Mono-Tube Shocks​
$130 HD Offroad Engineering Shackle Relocation Kit​
$30 0.75" Coil Spacers

Drivetrain ($2,120)
$500 Advance Adapters SYE & Tom Woods driveshaft combo​
$500 Jeep Cherokee Dana 44 Axle​
$500 Detroit Truetrac Dana 44 Limited Slip Differential​
$200 Genuine Gear Dana 44 4.56 gears​
$200 Genuine Gear Dana 30 4.56 gears​
$110 Riddler Dana 44 Diff Cover​
$110 Riddler Dana 30 Diff Cover

Wheels & Tires ($2,400)
$1750 (5) BFG 35X12.5R15 Mud Terrain T/A KM2 Tires​
$600 (5) Dick Cepek 15X8 5 on 5.5” Black DC-2 Wheels​
$50 Black Wheel Locks & Key​
Armor ($2,800)
$900 ARB 1984-1996 XJ Bull Bar Front Bumper​
$400 AJ’s Offroad 3/16” Super Rails (Professionally Undercoated)​
$1000 Custom Rear Bumper Tire Carrier​
$500 Olympic 4X4 Top Hat Roof Rack

Steering ($1,200)
$500 TNT Customs 1-Ton OTK Steering Kit (Modified By Auburn Car Repair & Offroad)​
$200 TNT Customs 4 Bolt Steering Conversion Kit (Inner & Outer Reinforcement)​
$500 PSC High Performance Steering Box

Exterior ($950)
$250 TINT XXPERTS Professional Window Tinting (5% Rear/35% Front)​
$100 Trailflap Removable Mud Flap System with 10X14 Diamond Flaps​
$50 Black D-Rings​
$50 Smoked Turn-Signal Lens​
$500 Bushwacker Fender Flares

Performance ($330)
$330 AEM Brute Force Dry Filter Intake system

Lighting ($240)
$200 130W KC Long Range Slimlite black kit​
$40 Sylvania Silver Star Headlights

Electronics ($1,000)
$500 Viper 5900 Alarm & Remote Start​
$300 Odyssey Heavy Duty Battery​
$120 Cobra 29LTDBC Black Chrome limited edition CB Radio​
$30 36” Firestick Antenna​
$50 VLED Blue Interior Lighting

Radio ($1,980)
$250 Pioneer DEH-690UB AM / FM / CD / MP3 / iPod Comboradio​
$300 Kicker ZX350.4 Amplifier​
$700 Kicker ZX1000.1 Amplifier​
$300 Boston Acoustic SX-55 component speakers​
$50 Streetwires 14 Gauge Superwire 50’ Spool​
$50 Stinger SHI2120 HPM 2 Channel 20’ RCA Cable​
$30 Stinger SPI4320 Pro 3 amp 4 Channel 20’ RCA Cable​
$300 (30) Sheets of Sound Deadening Material.

602e51dc.jpg

Nice Xj. Given the lifted Xj market (and the buyers) I don't know if you'll ever sell it at $10k but I wish you luck!

Then again seeing some of the JUNK people want $5-6k for and the stockers I see up to $6-7k you might just pull it off..... GLws

Price drop to $9,000. Have had a huge response requesting to part it out, however I am trying to sell it as a whole still.

Lol.....that jeep would FLY for 5 k!

Your best bet is to take everything off,get your $$$$ in parts, put it back together stock or stockish with a bugdet lift and ask $$$$, thats how the guys with racecars get there money back. nice mall rig though

I dont know, Guys..

XJ's have gone up in value this last couple years.. And clean low mileage Late model's are hard to come by anymore.. I dont think $9k is all that insane.. I've seen a buddy sell a couple rigs with half that build sheet for $7500 range...

Being a recent owner of a low miles jeep, hold out. Don't rush to part it, if you wait the right person will come along and buy it whole. I wish I had seen your jeep a month and a half ago...

I've sold a much more built 2001 cherokee for 7k. And i built my one ton xj for less than 20k
d77a6fafeaa828bf3650c493efa2692a.jpg

If i can build that for less than 20k, you've wasted your money. Hell the orange jeep even has an atlas 5:1 in it.

So you may want to reconsider your laughable price

Two totally different different jeeps though brother. As tank as your jeep looks.......I would much rather have his jeep that still looks like......I don't know lol an cherokee.

I've sold a much more built 2001 cherokee for 7k. And i built my one ton xj for less than 20k
If i can build that for less than 20k, you've wasted your money. Hell the orange jeep even has an atlas 5:1 in it.

Congratulations.

And this is why I stopped being a repeat paid supporter and avid user of this forum. The negative atmosphere will be the demise of this once prominent and enjoyable forum. If you don't like the price feel free to happily go to the next thread and harass the next person. This jeep was not built to be a cheap forest thrasher backyard hack job. It is made to be a quality street legal Jeep that you can be proud driving around daily and still spend the weekend on the trails. You can buy $1000 XJs on Craigslist to destroy, this is NOT for those people. Feel free to lock this thread Mods, I have enough serious offers on Craigslist that I won't waste my time here.

Haha, thats exactly why I like this place. Ill tell you what. You put the stock radio back in and find some rims that dont want to make me vomit, Ill give 2K for it.

bump for a nice rig, I've wheeled with Nick and this is a rig capable or running tough trails.

NWfest 2010

DSCN0370.jpg

rig turned up in a search, nice job I like the look of it. Wish I was closer.

Doesnt say if you sold it or not, so bumped for a good deal.

That's a beautiful rig OP. I have no idea what it's worth, so I won't even comment. Some rich kid with more money than brains will come along eventually. I don't mean that in a negative way either. The only two things I'd say are that for being such a built up rig, I noticed that there is no gas tank skid.

Also, since you have obviously put a lot of bloody knuckles, time, and money into it, have someone install a kill switch it even better yet, a transmission lock or a transfer case lock on it. These things are very easily stolen. And if some jackhole steals your nice ride, it's gonna be to wheel the piss out of it and then strip it for parts. If you decide to part it out at some point, I'll take the roof rack and probably a few other parts. I'm in the Seattle area.

Back