• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender flares

10tapper

NAXJA Forum User
Wanting to open up the wheel wells on my 98 2 door Cherokee it now has about 4" of lift and don't want to go any higher. Are there any after market or other Jeep flares that would allow me to run a 35" x 10.5" or 36" x 10.5" tire? Lets hear what has worked for you and pics if you have any. Thanks Arch.

I have notch customs x-max flares coming for Xmas lol I think they are the best looking flare out there. Same price as bushwhackers but there is a long waiting list :) I almost bought some ajax fiberglass fenders instead.

7094.jpg

I have notch customs x-max flares coming for Xmas lol I think they are the best looking flare out there. Same price as bushwhackers but there is a long waiting list :) I almost bought some ajax fiberglass fenders instead.

7094.jpg

I got 4 rear tj flares. I've cut and extended my rear wheel wells about 2.5" mocked up around a 37" (I'm on 33.5" tires now). I have no doubt the 35" tires will tuck in there nicely. The TJ flares had planty of room to fit around the rear even with the extension, coul probably go another inch or two.

unfortunately I cut up the front of the wheel well too and extended it. If I had thought about it, I would have left it a little longer, and maybe welded some nuts to the back side of the sheet metal while I had it apart...that might have let me mount the flare to the quarter panel rather than the rear door. Oh well too late.

If you're interested in fender flares that don't require welding and don't cost as much as the Notch flares then Napier Precision Products has flares you might be interested in. Our flares open up the rear wheel well as much as possible but not so much that you have to weld and re-build the rear opening. If it helps, we are also a NAXJA vendor so you can save 10% by using the NAXJA code.

On any flares, you want to use bumpstops to keep the tires for hitting the flares too hard. Can do damage to the flare and the sheet metal fender if there is too much contact.

Hope this helps,
Doug

Back