• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT Workdays - July 26 and 27

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Come on out to help us get some work done and earn hours for the end of year volunteer raffle.

SATURDAY, JULY 26
Meet 10:00 AM BIG BEAR DISCOVERY CENTER

This should be a day of light work with a patrol of 2N04. Expect some light brushing work more than anything. After clearing 2N04 we may do some cleanup of the Arrastre shooting area pending time.

SATURDAY NIGHT CAMPING
Volunteers only. You may camp if you volunteer for Saturday's work, Sunday's work, or both.
NORTH SHORE WORK CENTER
The work center is located at North Shore Campground in Lake Arrowhead. No reservations necessary but we must know if you're arriving as we are behind a gate.

SUNDAY, JULY 27
Meet at 10:00 AM at North Shore Work Center

The focus for 2N49 will be eating elephants. We will do minor brushing through the main trail until we get to 2N49A. There we will spend a significant amount of time continuing to clear that spur.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14 or 24.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay). 2WD XJ is acceptable with front tow points.
Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoe mandatory. Sunscreen and bug spray is highly recommended. The bugs are pretty bad this year on the West side of the mountain.

Hope to see you on the mountain.

Well I guess I will have to rearrange my weekend plans, so I can be there...

Put me down for both days. No camping Friday night, right?

I can't wait to get "Elephant Spur" cleared to where we can drive up & camp in that meadow... sooooo pretty!

PS, could you cross post this to the Facebook page, please?

This one is too short of a notice for me, plus my poor XJ has a sagging front axle. I will try to make it up to the next one if someone has an open seat.

This one is too short of a notice for me...

Sorry about that. I'd been meaning to post up for some time but I've been so slammed at work it kept slipping my mind.

I'm trying to get into a maintenance run per month cycle.

I'd like to make it but maybe august will be better for me.does this have to be XJ specific or can i come in my van.

Run what you brung. Some spots may be a bit tight for the van but a 4x4 van won't have any problems.

I'd like to make it but maybe august will be better for me.does this have to be XJ specific or can i come in my van.

We can stand on the roof to trim over hanging trees.

Hoping to make at least Sunday. This time I'll drive Blueberry.

Back