• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Banks Revolver Header....CRACKED!!!

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok boys and girls. So its been about a year and a half that i installed my Banks Revolver header.. Yes the one thats NOT supposed to crack..:twak: Well lookie here.
20140101_152616.jpg

20140101_152742.jpg

I spoke to customer service this morning and sent them these pics. Really nice people there and willing to help out. He told me "honestly we very very rarely get any of these back because of cracking issues". LOL. Maybe this one was made on a friday or with a monday morning hangover? :wierd: Just thought i'd post up and share.

:cheers:

Not to mention exhaust hangers...

Exhaust manifolds go thru hell when it comes to heat cycles... Nothing lasts forever in this enviroment.

This thread is no differant than someone posting a picture of a bent fox shock, bashing them. Without checking your exhaust hangers, motor and trans mount, this thread serves no porpous except to bash a company you admitted was willing to help and stand by their product.

Banks is a staple of the motorsports community... but i guess your simple picture proves they dont know shit.... thanks for letting us know.

id also add a piece of flex pipe somewhere on the downpipe

hahah wow right to bashing....

everyone on here knows to get the cheapest Ebay header you can find i thought? everything else cracks.

How I installed the exhaust flex joint on my 2000 XJ:

2.5" flex joint-flanges-clamp

IMG_1413_zps33642f2d-1.jpg

Measured and ready for surgery

IMG_1400_zps1fb131e8-1.jpg

IMG_1410_zpsd62980c2-1.jpg

Welded joint and flanges in place

IMG_1416_zpse4f2b465-1.jpg

Exhaust flex joint install complete

IMG_1405_zpsf80ce0f6-1.jpg

Is that flex joint a common item available at any parts store or did you have to order it from somewhere?

You'd think someone in the aftermarket would make a 2.5" S pipe with a flex joint already in it... Such a common problem on these Jeeps.

It is readily available at pepboys, autozone. I got one on ebay for my Camry.

Root, I dont recall where I sourced mine from. Try Summit, Jegs, ebay.....lots of options. I added the clamp because I wanted to be able to disconnect it in the future.

Thanks for all the input guys! I need to do the down pipe anyways see if Ican open up that pinched section then do a flex just after the O2 sensor. Just bumber it has to be done again. Unfortunately I had to install it the way it was being my daily, in tell get a replacement.

Not to mention exhaust hangers...

Exhaust manifolds go thru hell when it comes to heat cycles... Nothing lasts forever in this enviroment.

This thread is no differant than someone posting a picture of a bent fox shock, bashing them. Without checking your exhaust hangers, motor and trans mount, this thread serves no porpous except to bash a company you admitted was willing to help and stand by their product.

Banks is a staple of the motorsports community... but i guess your simple picture proves they dont know shit.... thanks for letting us know.

Wow dude! I must have read right passed the crap flying out of your mouth :puke: when I first read the replies. No where in my post did I slander or bad mouth Banks. Nor did i state that im running a piece of S with busted motor mounts or hangers. (No Offense To Those That Actually Gave Suggestions, Thank you!) Im all for suggestion, cause I'm human and tend to over look things sometimes. One thing I haven't over looked is someone pissed in you Cherios and trying to spill it on me was gonna make it better. :bawl::conceited. You mad bro? I'm far from it, so I Hope your day has gotten better sense then man.:cheers:

Banks makes great product! And will continue to buy there products. I just thought it was kinda funny about there statement on the product and what had happened. Nothing more.

Back