• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Antirock...Will it do enough?

Mute9937

NAXJA Forum User
I have read threads saying the Antirock is not a great choice for taller or soft spring XJs.

Would it control sway enough on a 2" lift with no rear swaybar?

Its on a DD thats taken to Moab a couple times a year and use in local canyons on the weekends. I want more control on the trail then I have with the front disconnected while keeping that performance.

Are there other options?

Last edited:
Wait,
You have a 2" lift and are concerned with SWAY?

Dude.. I run a 4.5" lift with a custom 3 link. I drive it on the highway all the time, no front or rear sway bar.

Unsure why you would need more control with such a small lift, should be plenty stable..

My main sway issue is racing through the sand/stream beds between obstacles. This is my 4th Jeep but its the only one that I have worried about sway. From a 2.5 in shackled lifted CJ7 with 20 year old springs to a TJ with a 4.5 in Triangulated long arm, not running sway bars, this one surprised me.

I'm running 5.5" lift with long arms stretched with super soft leafs in the rear on full width and 37s and drive like a bat out of hell and don't have a problem. You should be fine man.

I run the AntiRock with 5.5" of lift, 4 link LAs. No issues to speak of.

It is less effective on the street than the stock bar BUT it is a lifted Heep.

If I needed something that went around corners, I'd drive a Jaguar XJ instead of a Jeep XJ...

I say go for it if you are that concerned. You might as well just build one for fun.

I built one for myself and I love it.

Sounds like you need some stiffer coils and better shocks up front. I used to run some ZJ one springs which were definitely stiffer and netted me around 2.5" of lift. DD'ed for three years with no sway bars and never had issues. Hell, I could even put it into highway on ramps fairly hard (for a jeep) and didn't feel the need for more sway control

The stiffness can also be adjusted a bit.

Quite right. There are multiple holes in the arms where you can mount up the links to the axle. I use the holes at the end of the arms to get the most resistance out of the sway bar for the street. Does not adversely impact the off road capability at all...

Quite right. There are multiple holes in the arms where you can mount up the links to the axle. I use the holes at the end of the arms to get the most resistance out of the sway bar for the street. Does not adversely impact the off road capability at all...

It's actually the opposite i think. You want to mount on the shortest hole on the arm to get the most resistance to body role. Longest to soften.

Back