• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installed cruise...

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
got my switches today... it works! Sorta. It only seems to want to engage at or above appx. 37 MPH. Is this normal? If so I'm rather disappointed... one of the things that I use the CC for a lot is driving through school zones so I don't get any unwanted attention from the local constabulary. But if that's normal operation I guess I gotta deal...

Also, the little bits on the back of the switches are busted off. Anyone know what plastic they're made of and what the appropriate glue would be? They're sorta kinda in place in the steering wheel but I'd like to make them more secure.

Now on to fixing the stereo wiring and hacked up door panels... (taking a break from mechanical/maintenance because I'm a little burned out on that stuff right now and I already ordered a bunch of stuff to fix known issues so I might as well get it all installed and get rid of the crap/boxes)

well, that sux0rs. But at least it'll keep me safe on the highway. Is done... not taking it back out :)

Most vehicles will engage at 20-25 MPH though... really DC?

most cars cruise wont work under 30, at least thats what I have expreinced.

Just drove through a school zone today that seemed like it was close to a mile long. That one was 35 MPH though. (Winchester, VA on Berryville Pike)

easy solution for that. install an ax15 and youll idle in third gear at 15 mph :)

99% of vehicle's CC does not work under 30mph. Shifting into a lower gear may help?

Back