• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clrusty's new ride - WrenchFest Oct 8th

trail rate this

NAXJA Forum User
As we all know, Clrusty was in a horrific accident about a month ago, his XJ was totaled, he and his family sustained heavy losses and injuries. I know this hit home for a lot of us. We all have families and this could've happened to any of us.

I'm sure you all remember getting a pm from Shrek about parts to rebuild another XJ for rusty, but we still needed a XJ to build, I called Kevin Berta at Express pull-n-save in LaVergne, TN. I told the story of what happened to Kevin Berta andasked if they would donate parts once we found a XJ. Since we didn't have a jeep yet Kevin offered to find and donate a XJ.

Here is the XJ:
394.jpg

It's a 2000, 4.0, 2wd. Runs awesome.

It was given to Rusty yesterday and these are tears of joy.
IMAG0232.jpg

I'm still waiting on other pics to post. It was a great time and was great to see a jeep clubs come together to help a fellow jeeper.

Rough Country also donated a 3" AAL lift kit for the XJ.

I want to thank all the family and friends that were there and everyone that helped to keep this under wraps to so he wouldn't find out. We need to plan a Wrenchfest to build it for him.

**Edited by bigalpha**
Since there is a wrenchfest scheduled for October 8, I thought I'd put the link to the parts sheet on this post for easy reference.
"this google doc is open to everyone to edit so long as you follow the link here"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Clrusty's new ride

It is a bit of a drive to Bradyville (1 hour from Express) but my shop is open if you need to use the 2 post lift to make the axle swap/lift kit install easier. Just let me know.

What other items are you guys needing?

That's awsome!! I have a fender but it's already trimmed. It's your's if you want it. It's gray in color.

Clrusty, I will be rummaging through my parts pile and If I find anything I don't need its yours buddy(as long as its shippable)! Glad to see you back in an XJ! :cheers: If we get a wrenchfest weekedn set up I may be able to talk to Some MWC crawl atendees to come down with me......I need to swap some cruise into the 94 so The 4hr trip will be affordable! :D

Last edited:

I have a factory front skid off my 2001 that I'll donate. Just let me know where to bring it, or someone can pick it up. I live near mbogosia

Clarksville usually has a decent selection of non-stripped XJs and Exploders if we need to get together for parts.

yea i thought about trimmin the fenders,then i thought about leaving the flares..lol.all my other jeeps had the fenders trimmed so that would be cool. skid are always cool. are yall gonna let me at least come hand tools when needed,i know i cant wrench much but i do wanna help

wish i could get my locker from my other jeep.it was brand new and had only 2 trips on it.. rock railssssssssssss are good too

Nice!

I'vd posted a link in the Midwest Chapter, our president Tyler(XJ&CHZ4ME) is interested in helping out.

Back