• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you like to cook? We could use your help!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Hey kiddos, wanna eat?

We'd love to have a nice dinner like we have had in the past but right now we don't have anybody to cook it up for us. Do you have the skill and desire to do it for us? We'd obviously pay for the supplies. If you don't have the proper equipment post up anyway and we'll see if we can make it happen.

Plan B. is simple burgers and hot dogs.

If you're interested please either respond here or PM me by Friday, April 22.

Thanks!

If a daughter or two comes along, I can volunteer them, but I don't know if they're going to make it yet.

I'll be busy taking all y'all's money for the raffle tickets & stuff...

I am a damn good cook. I went to culinary school. If anyone wants to sample, I can throw some stuff together before hand? Let me know guys I would love to cook, just let me know whats needed of me & how many I'll be cooking for.
Plus I'll have 100 to spend on food if that helps any?

I make some bomb ass mashatatos:laugh2:

Damn I just realized that this was happening this weekend!

EDIT: Wait nevermind this is next month..Ya I'm down to do some cooking. I won't have a jeep to do any crawling and probably won't stay the night with you guys cause of my new born daughter. But I'd love to get involved with the chapter & would love to meet some people. I can do all the cook thats nessasary! Let me know whats needed, I'll see what I can do!

Last edited:
Anyone have a decent sized grill they can bring to help for dinner?

I have a big propane grill as well if someone wants to stop by my place and load it up on their way to the fest. cooking surface is about 18x30, you need to find your own propane tank though.

mines 598 squared inches?? Thats what it says online at least lol...I got 3 5gallon propane tanks, but only 1 is half full...so if anyone wants to fill 1 up? I'll fill the other...usually cost $13 bucks.

Last edited:
if things work out i will have my old school motorhome up and ready for the trip so i'll have the kitchen to use...

I'll have my little tabletop grill (what, 12x16 or so?) that runs off small propane cans available for use, but I am not going to attempt to load my house barbecue into the back of my XJ...

I have a big propane grill as well if someone wants to stop by my place and load it up on their way to the fest. cooking surface is about 18x30, you need to find your own propane tank though.

I should have mine fixed and with me it has three huge burners and is about 20 x 30.

Have either of you been contacted by anybody to firm up? I'd like to make sure the grill angle is covered.

Mine probably wont make it, i will have my small camping one. But my big one needs some major rust repair before it gets installed on the trailer. Probably not going to get it it in the next 7 days.

If I can figure a way to get both Jeep and truck up there, and my stove works (haven't tested it yet), I can make that available. Otherwise, I'll have my Hibachi grill. I can grill burgers or carne, but I make no promises as to awesomeness of skill. I can recommend some awesome carne to use. Or even, if someone can tell me how much is needed/forward cash, I could probably pick it up on the way up.

Back