NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old February 21st, 2011, 10:52
NAXJA Forum User

Another Heater Core ? Inlet and Outlet?

I'm going to be flushing my Heater Core out this week on my '01 to free up some heat and just try and get the cooling system cleaned up. Just trying to verify that the Top hose coming thru the Firewall f/the Heater Core is the outlet side? The lower hose coming off the water pump is the Inlet hose? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any of those nice drawings that show the coolant flow thru the 4.0 XJ?

Thanks.
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:00
NAXJA Member

Re: Another Heater Core ? Inlet and Outlet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
I'm going to be flushing my Heater Core out this week on my '01 to free up some heat and just try and get the cooling system cleaned up. Just trying to verify that the Top hose coming thru the Firewall f/the Heater Core is the outlet side? The lower hose coming off the water pump is the Inlet hose? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any of those nice drawings that show the coolant flow thru the 4.0 XJ?

Thanks.

The outlet from the engine come from the thermostat housing. The water return from the heater core go to the water pump.

1996 XJ; 4.0L; AW4; NP231; SYE; D30 and D44; ECTED; 4.10 gears; 30X9.5 -15 BFG/AT/KO; 3" lift; Rusty's LCA; JKS ADJ UCA; Kevins ADJ Track bar; Drawtite Front Receiver; Dual Electric Fans; Dual Battaries.