• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

January photo assignment. B&W

Some subjects just naturally lend themselves to a B&W presentation... like this bleak winter sky.
orig.jpg

I'm looking forward to springtime! :)

What is this springtime you speak of?

snowyMJ2011_02a.jpg

While exploring a wash in the Sand Hollow Rec Area near Hurricane, UT, Mason and I came across what appears to be the dumping grounds for an owl. The base of the sheer cliff face at the head of this wash was littered with hundreds of rodent bones and pellets (think:a ball of hair and bones that is regurgitated after the owl digests the meat)

IMG_4899-1.jpg

Last edited:
But I am definitely over FJCruisers.

If you ask Clint he will tell you never get drunk and ride in the back of one. Not only does the lack of vision make you car sick but there isn't anywhere to get rid of said sick.

Personally I've always thought they were kind of stupid. In Moab on Hell's Revenge we ran into a huge group of them. I thought it looked like a group of giant easter eggs.

Taken today near Rainier, Washington.

DSC_0697edit2.jpg

DSC_0790edit2.jpg

Do I get extra points for the NAXJA sticker in the shot?

There were some awesome B+W opps this morning, with overcast skies and fresh snow clinging to the trees.......stupid early morning meeting.

Back