• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Roosternator

REWSTER

BACON!
NAXJA Member
So im pretty bored today and build threads seem to be a fun thing to do lately.so i am gonna show off my junk :wave1:

so i wanted a wrangler since i can remember and when it was time for me to get a newtome truck i sent out looking for one with only 3500 bucks available to buy i found out really quick that i couldn't afford a Tj :D thats ok though because i have a son and my wife and mother kept telling me if i got a wrangler my son would freeze in the winter.

after looking through Craigslist and seeing some lifted XJ's i started liking them more than Tj's but they were still out of my price range going for around 6 or 7 grand for a late model. Ready to bump my price range up i went to look at a 98 red 4 door that ran like crap the whole thing shook when it was idling so i turned it down quick. i check CL the next day and there was a dealer selling this 00 4.0 4x4 4dr for 3999

P9110104.jpg

P9110101.jpg

I sat in the dealership for a couple hours telling them my bottom line was 3000. the salesmen was not budging at all (young guy just starting out) he brought over one of the senior vets to try and talk to me :laugh: he got the price lower.......by like 10 bucks. i wanted to walk right out of there but they wouldn't give me the keys to my trade back, i started getting angry yelling at the kid and telling the other guy to find my keys because im leaving, finally the used can manager came by to see why one of his salesmen was about to get his Arse kicked for not giving me my keys :D when he asked how he could help i told him "keys so i could leave" we worked out a price of 3500 out the door no trade

about a month later i started researching lifts/tires/etc... found cherokeeforum and became a post whore, learned stuff,and influenced my wanting to go wheeling

i was very impressed on my maiden voyage, though i had no idea what i was doing i stuck to the mud pits, sand and light trails

P9200112.jpg

P9200120.jpg

P9200122.jpg

P9200126.jpg

about a month later i wanted more......

it was wet this time, and my bald street tires got the better of me i went down a trail that i thought i could handle (find out later that it was an orange trail) and got stuck

PA190162.jpg

PA190164.jpg

had to get pulled out by one of my brother in laws buddy's on a 4 wheeler though it helped that i dug the tires out and set some logs up before he got there

Late in the 08 year rob (xjstryker) was pimpin WF09 on cherokeeforum and i was planing on going so i started to get my requirements in order

i had a fire extinguiser so i mounted that in the rear of the truck, and i bolted a hook to the front bumper bracket :D i found out that this was a dumb idea so i didnt go to WF

but X-mas of 08 santa brought me a CB

P1010041.jpg

had to fab up a antenna mount though, turns out santas elves dont do that

P1010034.jpg

P1010033.jpg

ms clause thought my junk should be bigger so she got me a 3" rustys lift kit

P2260005.jpg

P2260007.jpg

P2260006.jpg

had to keep the crappy uniroyls on there for a bit longer though

3" lift with 225/75/15's

i told my wife that i couldnt have the hook bolted to my bumper like that and the only way could fix that was getting a new front bumper

so i ordered a nates4x4 bumper......... it came 4 months later

P4010019.jpg

P4010020.jpg

Got the bumper painted and put on, 2 of the 3 steering box bolts broke on the way out and the brace. i got the C-rok inner brace to replace the stocker

P4090051.jpg

Around the time my bumper showed up i ordered some tires 30" hankook MTs

P4090049.jpg

Looks like your antenna bracket will also be good at grabbing trees.

Just one so far,and a trail side :eyes:

apr 25th 09 i posted on some forum saying i would be at the badlands and 92xjt said he was going and i should meet up with him, thats when i met a scary looking group with some weirdo in overalls as there leader

P4240014.jpg

P4240012.jpg

P4240015.jpg

P4240016.jpg

P4240018.jpg

P4240017.jpg

i was a little nervous tagging along after watching these guys playing on the rocks
then i was told to get in my truck and wheel it, boost freak on here (not on to much any more) said to follow him as he went up this wall

P4240002.jpg

P4240003.jpg

100_3266.jpg

after that i was excited as we lined up for a green trail

P4240022.jpg

after green we went over by orange, Rev told me to follow him :D with in 5 minutes i had rocker damage

So i had some vibes, and it would run a little hot on the trails and my hood cable broke so.......

P6170044.jpg

i made a T-case drop and hood raisers and bought some hood pins that still haven't been put on

i had a set of ranger wheels that i traded to john (lesslimited) for this skid row T-case skid

P6170046.jpg

and since i was getting so tippy on the trails my wife got me some sway bar disconnects for my b day

P6170045.jpg

after i stopped caring if the body had scratches i thought it would be cool to do this

P7180166.jpg

also in that pick you can see the stencle work i did for a lil more OD
P7180165.jpg

And bought a roof rack

P7180168.jpg

P7180167.jpg

Truck/build look very nice! Its weird how similar my build is going to yours... I just bought the same nates 4x4 front bumper and was wondering if you had any tips for the install? Going to try to get it done this weekend but it sounds like you seared a few bolts and I am afraid i`m going to do the same.

76168_10150090927785926_576175925_7724418_6872790_n.jpg

REW, this is the prettiest build thread with color photos I have seen in a while.

There, I commented on it :D

Needs more cow bell.

Cheeseman-OUT!

Truck/build look very nice! Its weird how similar my build is going to yours... I just bought the same nates 4x4 front bumper and was wondering if you had any tips for the install? Going to try to get it done this weekend but it sounds like you seared a few bolts and I am afraid i`m going to do the same

buy this
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2...ROD&Product_Code=XJSTSPC&Category_Code=XJMISC

or

http://www.c-rok.com/sb.html
the $45 one

even if you get the bolts off its a very good upgrade from the stock bracket in there

I'm really surprised nobody commented on this yet.:moon::doh:

JIM

I threw the hook but no one was biting :dunno:

REW, this is the prettiest build thread with color photos I have seen in a while.

There, I commented on it :D

Needs more cow bell.

Cheeseman-OUT!

i went to the cowbell store but they were fresh out :bawl:

coming up next is ghetto fab engineering stay tuned.......

you have to go to the "back room" and they will require a secret handshake, an open mouth kiss and another secret "move" and then, and only then, will you be allowed more cowbell. PM me for directions....or just come to FarmFest. :D

I bought the c-rok before JCR started making it but JCR is a NAXJA vendor and a from MI so they would get my vote

Back