• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New sliders

zr2toxj

NAXJA Forum User
Got an update:

Check these bad boys out. A good friend of mine bartered with me for electrical work and he fabbed these up for me. They are 2x6 tube that he capped and tapered to fit the wheel well.
Sliders010.jpg

He cut out the rockers and welded them in, then added the supports to the frame rails.
Sliders004.jpg

Sliders003.jpg

I am tickled pink with them. They stiffen it up a lot and are very solid.

Sliders005.jpg

I took it home and started notching my flares from Napier Precision Products

Got them to fit pretty easily.
Sliders007.jpg

Sliders006.jpg

I then seam sealed the braces where they contact the floor and sprayed it with undercoat on the bottom. I taped off the very edge of the 2x6 and painted the rest with 2 coats of black primer, then 2 coats of semi-gloss.
Sliders012.jpg

Sliders013.jpg

Sliders014.jpg

Sliders016.jpg

Sliders017.jpg

Sliders020.jpg

Sliders021.jpg

Sliders023.jpg

Got to love custom work. Monkeybars offroad. PM me for more information if you are interested. I don't know if he is willing to ship, but I bet I could talk him into it.

Nice work! Now build some bumpers!!

Nice work! Now build some bumpers!!

Hahaha, what's wrong with the ones I got?

Yeah, that's next on the list. I've got to do a cut & fold on the rear. I've got both designed for what I want, just need money. Can't seem to make it as fast as I want to spend it.

that may be the cleanest rocker replacement I've ever seen. I would guess your friend could make a few $$ putting those in a few other XJ's

good stuff.

Thanks, that's what I've been trying to tell him. He did a set awhile ago and I knew when I saw the them I had to have a set. Luckily for me, he needed his shop wired.

They look good and I love the matte gunmetal blue! :cheers:

dammit when i hit a button and it refreshes my screen and i lost my entire post.

in short. those look amazing. i just set an appointment to get mine done and was looking for ideas(and more specifically the size stock to use, so thanks alot). im not doing the frame rail brace or the hoop(i might do the hoop at some point tho). and i wanted pics of it. didnt even have to search haha. thanks alot.

again, those look fantastic.

They look good and I love the matte gunmetal blue! :cheers:

Thanks. I didn't intend it to be matte but after we sprayed it, I sanded it with 4000 then 6000 grit and got tired. Kind of liked the way it looked and said I'm done.

The guy who sprayed it asked about buffing it, but I said nope, it's good. We used a single stage urethane.

dammit when i hit a button and it refreshes my screen and i lost my entire post.

in short. those look amazing. i just set an appointment to get mine done and was looking for ideas(and more specifically the size stock to use, so thanks alot). im not doing the frame rail brace or the hoop(i might do the hoop at some point tho). and i wanted pics of it. didnt even have to search haha. thanks alot.

again, those look fantastic.

Sure thing. Thanks for the props. One thing we noticed when fitting them that might matter to you is the body tapers in from rear to front, so the 2x6 looks like it sticks out more near the front. I didn't care, but it made us scratch our heads, then it dawned on us that it tapered. We put a straight edge from tire to tire and it runs parallel to that, but I didn't realize it until we made these.

ah cool ok. and no, i dont give a shit. as long as i slide over shit ill be ok haha.

thanks for the heads up. ill taper it in though like you did. if thats what your taking about. looks good that way

was your jeep originally gun metal?? That flay look is AWSOME. Those sliders are just perfect.

Definitly one of the nicest looking late model Cherokee's Ive seen. like the tires alot too.

What kinda of metal did he use for the mounts to the frame? I really like the look of those and the appear like rocks could easily slide off of them.

Back