• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REAL QUICK - What size are the TC bolts?

DanMan2k06

NAXJA Forum User
Torque converter bolts. I'm heading out now to the yard to grab the motor, and still have to get the TC off. Anyone know what size those 4 bolts are on the flywheel?

15mm heads. Not sure about the thread size.

They may be a close SAE size but I have never rounded one off with a 15mm and they go into the TC/tranny, which is all japanese-made, so it is probably metric.

Torque converter bolts. I'm heading out now to the yard to grab the motor, and still have to get the TC off. Anyone know what size those 4 bolts are on the flywheel?

M10-1.5x15m/m. Do NOT use common hardware store hex heads or socket heads - they're "place bolts," and have a special head design.

Get them from the dealer, or see if ARP has torque converter screws in that size.

Yea I figured they were a special part, I'll look them up when I place the order for all the other rebuild stuff.

$231 out the door. Still had the water pump, tstat housing, fan, and flywheel. Also a brand new distributor cap/rotor :) Time to start ripping everything apart... Thanks again!

Back