• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick tire question:

UltimateG

NAXJA Forum User
Can I determine the age of the tire from the info in this picture?

Or is it found elsewhere? I didn't see any other markings on the tire.

Thanks

IMG_1135.jpg

old as F*&K...thats all you need to know...

lol no it was made the 40th week of 93!!!!!!

once you get into the 2000's its 4 numbers...
as in 4009 that would be the 40th week of 2009 as manufacture date... :thumbup:

Last edited:
LOL! You were right the first time!
LOL right?!
im willing to bet the tire is rotted to the bead of the rim. If not, i would be VERY surprised. But expect them to be a pain to removed and have to clean the bead....so plan ahead...

ya i just bought a 89 with the factory spare still in it...never been onthe ground and still full of air, but in the process of replacing all 5 of the tires...whew is the air in that tire of yours gonna stink!!!!! lol

Whoa, Crazy! Until recently, that was the spare in my '94 XJ. I guess it's been there since the Jeep left the factory!

What a bummer, the tire hasn't even been used.

when is a tire too old?

My family has a 2000 4 banger tj for winter use that has 33" TSL's. I recently put the stock 10 year old tires that were taken off immediately after buying it in 2004 with 8k miles.

This is just because im having a couple issues with my cherokee at the moment. just wondering if I should be concerned about the tires age, they look great, and were stored in a finished basement.

tire manufacturers only back up the tires for 6 years...at which point they say the tires are likely bad. most tire shops will have a hard time justifying mounting up ten year old tires....especially to high pressures....they are just to inconsistent with safety

Back