• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 door stretch comanche?

dave92cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to start the cheromanche project and make it 4 doors. Was playing around with the picture and made a 6 door model. Wouldn't take much more fab than what it will to create it in 4 doors. Wanted to post the pic on here to see what people thought of the idea of a 8 passenger comanche. Granted parking might be a little difficult with the length.

6doormj.jpg

it looks cool, but only for school proms and wedding's... its to long to wheel it.

i saw this 2 days ago driving home from work, this looks like alot of work to do and make work
Photo0352.jpg

It's definately to long to wheel it would have to be limited to street only. And it's so long that it couldn't even be a good DD as it'd be to hard to park it. But it would be pretty cool to see it built.

I'd drive the hell out of it and park in the big truck parking.

Seems like I've seen a 4-Door Comanche before. They look great! Wouldn't it be easier to graft a Comanche bed on the back of a Cherokee rather than make a Comanche 4-door?

4 door. when you do it make sure you take lots of pictures bc I would like to do it too.

Yah I'm probably going to stick with just the 4 door but that 6 door might be something down the road. I'm definately going to take pictures of the entire tear down process and build up then create a build thread for it so people in the future can have some guidelines and insight.

i like this... 4 or 6 doors...
i had the same thought about putting a 'manche bed on a cherokar too...

drop and LS2 in it, and have a bad@$$ tow rig!!! lol

so... after staring at this for awhile longer; this is no short task!

the doors have me in a daze, lol... with the 'manche bed, you dont need a wheel well cut out, such as a cherokee door. but if you were to use a comanche door to have no wheel well cut out, you would have a slant window from the manche A pillar.
gonna have this problem, if you say grafted a 4 door XJ onto the rear or a comanche cab, you'll still need to fill in the rear wheel well on the doors... and 6 doors! dang...
you could possibly try to do some rocker replacements to tie all the "bodies" together maybe :dunno:
...definitely gonna need some custom frame stiffeners!

i really hope to see this idea come to life!

so... after staring at this for awhile longer; this is no short task!

the doors have me in a daze, lol... with the 'manche bed, you dont need a wheel well cut out, such as a cherokee door. but if you were to use a comanche door to have no wheel well cut out, you would have a slant window from the manche A pillar.
gonna have this problem, if you say grafted a 4 door XJ onto the rear or a comanche cab, you'll still need to fill in the rear wheel well on the doors... and 6 doors! dang...
you could possibly try to do some rocker replacements to tie all the "bodies" together maybe :dunno:
...definitely gonna need some custom frame stiffeners!

i really hope to see this idea come to life!

Section two doors: Front half would be the rear door from an XJ and the back half would be from an mj.

id like to even see a 4 door commanche work =)

shrek but you would still have to custom make the rear doors to fit, the rear doors on a 4 dr cherokee have a cut out to go around the fender well and they slant \ a lil bit too above the cutout... it would def be alot of fab work! the rear doors are small enough as it is

jeepreardoor.jpg

Oh I know, that's why I said you have to use the back portion of an MJ door to get that straight corner on the door. Since you are using the rear portion of the mj cab it would match the door opening.

theres a another member in the modified tech forum who just cut a XJ and a MJ and is putting them together. it looks kick butt and its still two halfs.

Yah that's my cheromanche I'm building was just playing with the idea of a 6 door but the reality and feasability of it just won't work. Here's a pic of a few safari 6 door wranglers that were made up, did a google search for 6 door jeep and there's quite a few that were made for safari's over in africa and what not.

doorsoff504.jpg

Back