• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check out what the dealers are now offering

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
Well when I made a delivery to my Jeep dealer he showed me this little flyer. I told him if he gets one in to call me so I can check it out.

img014.jpg

Too bad they are asking about twice what they are worth. You would have to be crazy to give them 20K for one
Yeah, but just think what you'll be able to get one for once enough mallcrawlers buy them, then realize they have mortgage payments to make and sell them on CL.

Yeah, but just think what you'll be able to get one for once enough mallcrawlers buy them, then realize they have mortgage payments to make and sell them on CL.

Another super product/marketing concept by Fiat?

That trailer would be overpriced at $5000.

That trailer would be overpriced at $5000.

Compared to what exactly?

After doing a ton of research on trailers before I bought mine I came to the conclusion that you don't get much for less than 8-10K.

I bought mine for $3900 and felt really good about it. Then I still had to add a $1500 dollar tent, several hundred in lighting, battery and water systems.

It all adds up.

I've seen the pictures of your trailer, and its worth every penny you have in it--and its worth four times more than that Jeep "Extreme Trail".

Not everybody has the skills to build their own, but come on, to build something like that? Materials, labor, capitalized costs, fixed and variable expenses, allowances for warranty repairs, and a decent ROI--no, the numbers don't add up. Must be either a government contractor and/or union labor.

RVs--motor homes, 5th wheels, trailers, tent trailers have to be the most overpriced products on the market, even worse than anything from Steve Jobs and company.

I've seen the pictures of your trailer, and its worth every penny you have in it--and its worth four times more than that Jeep "Extreme Trail".

Not everybody has the skills to build their own, but come on, to build something like that? Materials, labor, capitalized costs, fixed and variable expenses, allowances for warranty repairs, and a decent ROI--no, the numbers don't add up. Must be either a government contractor and/or union labor.

RVs--motor homes, 5th wheels, trailers, tent trailers have to be the most overpriced products on the market, even worse than anything from Steve Jobs and company.

I agree 100% except for the true value. I think if they would have marketed them in the 7-10K price range it would have appealed to a lot more people. When you look at what $20K gets you from a company like Adventure trailers or one of the other true off-road trailer companies you just get a lot more for the money.

I agree 100% except for the true value. I think if they would have marketed them in the 7-10K price range it would have appealed to a lot more people. When you look at what $20K gets you from a company like Adventure trailers or one of the other true off-road trailer companies you just get a lot more for the money.

Agree.

I wish someone would tool up and start producing 1/4 ton trailers again--sure seem to be a strong market for the used ones. The could sell them as kits and make it even more profitable.

Theres a thread at EXPO on this trailer as well, iirc you can buy direct from the manufacturer for about $4K less? Ryan.. you may remember.

I would like to try out an offroad style popup.. i think theres merit in the design.

Back