• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody make an aftermarket high altitude CPS for Renix?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody sell an aftermarket high altitude CPS?

How much does one cost at the dealer? :shiver:

I modify the stock one the same way we used to before they were available.Pretty simple to do with a vice and hammer. I just did both of mine as I live at 5300 feet.

Yeah, its just offset right?

Would you have measurements for Old Man?

I think only the 4.0 Renix had a high alt CPS. The high alt CPS part# is 5300 3659.

Last edited:
There is a thread somewhere in street&performance where someone showed how to build a nifty little bracket to get some ignition advance out of a 4.0 without a lot of trickery.

Yeah, its just offset right?

Would you have measurements for Old Man?

Which old man, you or the original poster?

This might be hard to explain, but bear with me as I've modded about a dozen of these over the years on Renix Jeeps.

You want the black plastic piece, which sets in the center of the perforated mounting bracket, to be moved up toward the top of the bell housing.

Position the bracket in the vice loosely with the plastic part resting on the jaws. Insert one of the CPS bolts through the mounting hole above the jaws. Gently tap the bracket down through the plastic piece to the desired position, which happens to be about one plastic doohickey's width away from where you started.. The bolt keeps the hole in the bracket from getting crushed. Ask me how I know. Pay particular attention to where you want the doohickey to end up so you don't do it the wrong way.

I felt a slight difference in performance from this mod, but not as much as relocating the Intake Air Temp sensor from the intake manifold to the air filter box.

I'm a machinist and can certainly modify a cps to work as a high altitude unit. I just didn't want to have to mess with it. I simply wanted a brand new high altitude sensor.

By the way, I scored one locally at a good price. Thanks everybody.

I'm a machinist and can certainly modify a cps to work as a high altitude unit. I just didn't want to have to mess with it. I simply wanted a brand new high altitude sensor.

By the way, I scored one locally at a good price. Thanks everybody.

Good. I guess the other old man wanted the specs...............

The "other old man" was curious as to how you modified it--sounds simple enough, do you epoxy it in the new location or do they seem to remain tight enough after being moved?

Most peeps simply cut the side out of the hole on one end and oblong the hole on the other to offset the sensor. As it turns out, I got a MOPAR one for less than $35 through connections.

Most peeps simply cut the side out of the hole on one end and oblong the hole on the other to offset the sensor. As it turns out, I got a MOPAR one for less than $35 through connections.

Dang good find!

Back