• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centerforce Clutches: Ten Year anniversary since install...!

NeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not even sure if Centerforce is MAKING these things anymore.... but since installing my Centerforce II on my 92 XJ (did it during an engine install) I have had ZERO problems...! The thing has been a DREAM. I credit this in part to using a random orbital sander while giving the initial surfacing (well- I can't say for sure that this helped - but apparently it didn't hurt!!).

Killer Clutches.

KNOCK ON WOOD that posting this isn't going to jinx me and put me in clutch hell!!!

The only issues I've had with any Centerforce II clutch is in some low RPM appications the centrifugal weights didn't "exercise" enough and would start to stick, or when there was an out-of-balance flywheel, usually after resurfacing.

i remember hearing about the 'stickiness' issue with the weights before I bought mine... but mine's been just fantastic and ultra low maintenance... so I'm VERY pleased about that... I just wanted to mention it - as I keep forgetting to...!

Back