• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT truss bushings?

XJMarty

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody knows where to get replacement bushings for the UCA mounts in the TNT truss? Dana 30 axle, the OEM do not fit, these are the 2pc poly bushings.

thanks

I'm pretty sure he meant part # RE3782, upper small rubber bushing. That should be the same as the stock bushings you can get from Autozone or NAPA.

Why not just ask TnT instead of us?

I'm pretty sure he meant part # RE3782, upper small rubber bushing. That should be the same as the stock bushings you can get from Autozone or NAPA.

Why not just ask TnT instead of us?

RE3782 will not work because we are talking about the upper control arm mounts on the TNT truss, not the stock upper control arm mounts that were on the axle.
As the OP said, the TNT truss uses a two piece bushing, that has a metal sleeve you press into the bushing after they are installed into the mount.

Bringing it back from the dead...

Well as expected from finding this thread, my existing bushings have M03618 printed on them, but I would like new ones. Searched online and can't find anyone even referencing having the M03618 bushings for sale, so I started looking at alternatives. Basically the only requirements are a 1.5" OD of the bushing halves, since that's the ID of the tube used for the UCA mount, and around a 2" sleeve width (overall width), since that's the inner width of the control arm. The tube on the truss is 1.625" wide but even if I get bushings that are too wide I can cut them down.

I've looked through the catalogs from Prothane and Energy Suspension numerous times, checked other places online, and it looks like the best I can do is an Energy 9.9483 and then cut the bushings down so they both fit in the tube. Then cut the 2.375" sleeve down to make it an even 2". The flanges on the old bushings are 0.1875" and the Energy ones are 0.207", so the poly part would be 0.020" wider on each side but I think that's easy to shoehorn into the control arm.

Prothane has a 19-605 for a 1.5" OD bushing and 2.5" wide sleeve, similar deal to the Energy bushings above but the bushing flanges are 0.250" and would each be 0.0625" wider than the original Daystar bushing flanges. So that would be a little tougher to get stuffed into an aftermarket UCA but could possibly work.

Anyone know of a better (direct) fit or should I just get the Energy ones and take the utility knife to em? I'm surprised this hasn't come up more since the TnT trusses are so common, but hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Check poly performance, they have quite a few sizes of poly suspension bushings. Check out track bar bushings as well for variety of sizes. I got some there a while back and trimmed them to fit.

Back