• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. Offroad Engineering Roof slider install

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
First remove stock roof rack.
Then install each riser in stock location with stock bolts and supplied washers. (it would be a good idea to put silicone between the the rail and the roof) There may be a couple small gaps between the roof and the riser (these gaps will be difficult to see with the sliders installed).
SDC10958.jpg

Next bolt up the sliders and the spreader bars.
SDC10959.jpg

SDC10962.jpg

P9120019.jpg

These are intended to keep your roof straight against the occasional tree rub, if you know you are going to continually beating on them they need to be tied into a cage, be it interior or exterior cage.

Future options for this system will be light tabs and a tire carier.

i really like your products...even looking at your frame stiffeners right now

but i have a hard time seeing this hold up to a good tree rub. i know for me, on both the times ive hit my roof gutter it would have broken that off.

i really like your products...even looking at your frame stiffeners right now

but i have a hard time seeing this hold up to a good tree rub. i know for me, on both the times ive hit my roof gutter it would have broken that off.

I fully expect doubters on this, I never would have thought something like this would hold up either but a good friend of mine runs a very similar design and has bashed them pretty good, his doors still open just fine.

The key is spreading out the force. And like I said if you know you are going to beat hard on them they need to be tied into a cage.

Price and the option of a tire mount? Need to put my tire on the roof.

Will you be at the redbird cleanup?

Any plans for a gutter-mount or shorter versions for an MJ it would be a good place to mount a removable light bar from.

Any interference issue with a Safari Snorkel? I like them but I have to save some money first.

No Idea on the snorkle, but you can always cut the tube back.

No plans yet on the mj stuff but the gutter mounts will be a reinforcement option for in the near future.

thanks for coming out w/ new products!, i dont see myself ever needing this, (socal, no tree's!)

i gotta take the opprotunity to push for mj stiffeners! you'd have that market covered!
besides, EVERYONE has mj's!

Any thoughts about putting some bends at the ends of the tube? maybe some tube caps?

Looks good Brian. :worship:

Any thoughts about putting some bends at the ends of the tube? maybe some tube caps?

Looks good Brian. :worship:

That might be an upgrade option, I was think I would leave them open so they would be easy to slug and build an exo around......

Thanks for the props.

x2 100% on bend and cap the ends. Hopefully someone with the capability to build an exo off of the rack has the capability to cut off the bent and capped ends. I fully hope.

Nice looking Brian!!! Capping the ends or slant cutting them shouldn't be hard.

It's great to see new products for these ole work horses!!! YAH Mule!!!

They would make good bottle rocket shooters.

I slam into trees on a regular basis with my setup (full vehicle slides into trees, weight of vehicle leaning into trees, etc.) and the "rack," doors and gutter are still fine...the tops of the doors anyway. It looks like my materials are a little less "HD."

Any interference issue with a Safari Snorkel? I like them but I have to save some money first.

It'll definitely interfere.

...but you can always cut the tube back...

Cutting 3-6" off the end of the tube would definitely clear it.

First remove stock roof rack...

I've got one of the 1% of XJs without the factory rack.

Could I just use the risers as a template to drill the holes, and use a nut n washer on the underside? Or is there more to the factory mount?

Wish I'da had em a year ago. My roof rails are barely worth protecting now...

Robert

<Edit> I thought $150 sounded awfully cheap... Probably ought to clarify that that is just 50% down...

Last edited:
Could I just use the risers as a template to drill the holes, and use a nut n washer on the underside? Or is there more to the factory mount?

Wish I'da had em a year ago. My roof rails are barely worth protecting now...

Robert

<Edit> I thought $150 sounded awfully cheap... Probably ought to clarify that that is just 50% down...

You could drill holes and use nuts and washers from teh bottom, or you could use nutserts.....

I will clarify a little more on the website.

Back