• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Party for Heepspeed

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I started a new thread so that we could get a good headcount and so everyone can post up what they are bringing. It will be at 30526 Southern Cross Rd. Temecula 92592. It takes place Sep 12th at 9:00 am. Heepspeed will be providing the carne but we will need side dishes and drinks. We will be doing a long arm lift and I will be giving a sort of mini class on doing gears.

Things we need:
A set of tall jackstands- Ryno
A 230 volt mig welder if someone has one (my 110V will suffice if nobody has a 230V)
Bring some lawn chairs
Bring your Karma/for trade parts

i'm in - cordless impact driver that works great, the bushings we talked about (if still needed john), & i'll try to con my wife into making potato salad - julio & al ate it, & seemed to like it okay!

is this party open to anyone. I would love to come by and meet some people and get some tips on my installation that will be coming up very soon. i live close by

O.K. folks I have some bad news to report. My next door neighbor has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Because of this he is sleeping most of the time. My neighbor's A/C does not work so they leave their windows open all the time. So.....I will not be able to do the party part. I will still do the work for Heepspeed but I cannot have a group of people at the house because it would be impossible to be quiet. I am sorry for the late notice but this situation has just developed over the last few days.

I ask that everyone do me a favor. No matter what your beliefs are I ask that you direct some positive energy towards my neighbor. His name is Pat and he has a 16 year old daughter. The kind of cancer he has cannot be cured and it is very painful. My hope for him is that he can go in peace and without too much pain. I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

O.K. folks I have some bad news to report. My next door neighbor has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Because of this he is sleeping most of the time. My neighbor's A/C does not work so they leave their windows open all the time. So.....I will not be able to do the party part. I will still do the work for Heepspeed but I cannot have a group of people at the house because it would be impossible to be quiet. I am sorry for the late notice but this situation has just developed over the last few days.

I ask that everyone do me a favor. No matter what your beliefs are I ask that you direct some positive energy towards my neighbor. His name is Pat and he has a 16 year old daughter. The kind of cancer he has cannot be cured and it is very painful. My hope for him is that he can go in peace and without too much pain. I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

My heart goes out to his family. Thats gotta be one of the toughest things to deal with next to an unexplained death in the family.

John, do you still need me to come video tape the gears install???

My heart goes out to his family. Thats gotta be one of the toughest things to deal with next to an unexplained death in the family.

John, do you still need me to come video tape the gears install???
If you want to tape the gear install it will have to be Friday. I plan to get the gearing done on Friday.

If you want to tape the gear install it will have to be Friday. I plan to get the gearing done on Friday.

hmm, what time friday do you think your gonna start? i dont get off work till noon. PLus i wanted to pick up those parts from you.

I will be starting around 9:00 am but I am doing both axles so if you miss the first one there will be the other one to tape.

might just make it out on friday. I'll let you know for sure by thursday night. if not, ill be there sat for sure.

did ya'll finish the lift yesterday? nice meetin ya, & when your rig is ready, we'll get ya out on the trails
Well after working steady all day Fri, Sat and Sun we got the lift done and the axles re geared. It turns out the SYE was not shipped so we are waiting for that. Thanks to Terry who hung out as long as he could on Sat before going to work, and Julio (Boostamante) who stayed and helped till late Sun night when he had to work Mon. This was a big project and it went pretty well considering Garrett's bum hand and my smashed finger. Garrett's girlfriend, Sam, did a huge amount of the work and got in there and turned wrenches like a pro! Big thanks to her for, well, being her. The RE kit is a very well designed and very complete kit. I hope to see Garrett doing some gnarly wheeling with it soon. We didn't get any pics as we were basically too busy and didn't have any extra hands most of the time. Some time in the future when I am doing a gear job we'll see if Julio can put together a good video of it all.

John does it again... Selflessly helping everyone under the sun!!!!:angel:

John how did it turn out? :cheers:

Everything was awesome! John is amazingly knowledgable - when I was staring at the :3-piece crossmember that had 5 pieces...

THANK YOU JOHN!!!! SYE and driveshaft are being shipped today

attachment.php

Terry!!! BIG THANKS to you for getting the Jeep broken down and ready for new parts. For "not being mechanical", you sure know what's up!!!

attachment.php

Boostamante - man, thanks for coming all the way down to Temecula from my neck of the woods for this and staying late Sunday . I'll definitely be available when you build yours

attachment.php

And Dylan, you and your plastic toolkit are welcome anytime!!

attachment.php

I'm a happy BUILT Jeep owner! :cheers::woohoo::listenmus

attachment.php

Back