• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA Help

HunterDude89

NAXJA Forum User
I've looked all over and still cant find an answer... My passenger side upper control arm mount folded in on itself so I got a new one to weld on. Does anyone know where to position the mount? I bought the Artec Industries UCA mount for a TJ (which i think is the same anyways) and their instructions say to position it 4 inches from the coil spring mount, and 3.5 degrees back from the diff cover face. I just want a second opinion to make sure I'm good with those measurements before I weld it on. :confused1

If it were me..........

I'd put the XJ on jack stands, relax the axle, put it also on stands, make sure it's where you want it to be.
Bolt the new mount to the UCA, bolt the assembly in place, tack the mount, let the XJ of the stands, make certain nothing binds.......then........burn the mount in place.

IOWs, let the UCA dictate the placement.

If it were me..........

I'd put the XJ on jack stands, relax the axle, put it also on stands, make sure it's where you want it to be.
Bolt the new mount to the UCA, bolt the assembly in place, tack the mount, let the XJ of the stands, make certain nothing binds.......then........burn the mount in place.

IOWs, let the UCA dictate the placement.

That's how I replaced my torn stock uca. Put the axle so that the torn UCA rested in place, then cut/grind the old mount off, bolt the replacement uca to the arm and rest it on the axle

Good idea, thanks for the input guys! I gotta get this thing on today :D

Back