• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Colorado Rant/Vent thread

planefixer

NAXJA Forum User
In light of the huge portions of shit life has been feeding me over the course of the past month or so I thought this might be a good idea.

Kind of a spin off of Mike's BS thread:

This is a thread to rant, vent, piss&moan, and generally blow off some steam.Do not use it to bash vendors or members of this site- thats not what this thread is for.

Here's a run down of the past month for me:

All this happened/is happening while packing, moving, and unpacking/trying to settle into the new house:

Started things off by passing 2 kidney stones
The same day I lost the head gasket on my DD Eclipse

Had a lease signed and deposit paid on a house with a move in date set for the 22nd of July.I get a call from the realtor's office on the afternoon of the 20th telling me that I can't move in until maybe the following Tuesday ( already called and set up the utilities, DirecTV, phone, moving truck, etc.).Realtor was a total pompus dickhead about the whole thing so I called him on breach of contract and told him I wanted my deposit back, of course he refused.Had to have Grin send him a nasty bitchslap letter (thanks again Chris :thumbup:) and he finally refunded my money.

Had to find another house on short notice- thankfully that worked out good.

Had to put down my dog :(

Managed to get moved ok thanks to the help of some damn good friends. :thumbup:

My Jeep started running like crap again- I've been chasing the problem for over a year.

Got a nice letter from the IRS informing me I've been randomly selected for an audit- YAAAYYY.

Grandmother passed away yesterday morning. :(

Transmission in the wife's '02 PT Cruiser took a shit yesterday afternoon.

How's everybody else doing?

Last edited:
You win.

Ugh. Brutha, all that is absolutely no bueno.

Sunday the 7th of August, I had a relapse and once again nearly died.

This is really starting to get old. I still have not recovered and am house bound. Hopefully, I'll be up and about by the weekend. Things to do you know...

Had to get emissions on Jeep. While on the dyno, the ECU crapped out. Replaced that, then the O2 crapped.

Spark plug wires had to start arcing over at the same time.

Hydro assist hose sprang a leak.

All in 4 days.

Was thinking about canceling going to Colorado Fest due to Jeep having Detroit Locker problem, and then had a death in the family.... bye bye Colordo Fest.

on the plus side, Jeff, August kindof HAS to be better, doesn't it?

Ok, I'll step to the bat.

Let's return to the beginning of July. I'm planning on going to COfest, and my jeep is in the backyard being worked on. It's not drivable as it was. My job is hanging in the air with no certainity coming from the glass wall offices. My mother gets taken to church by a helpful volunteer, falls, goes to the ER, and has a mild heart attack. Mom is 95, tougher than most of us, but she is tired. She cannot go back to her independent living place, she will need help. Fine, I go and cancel the lease. We look for a new place. Find one. Fill out paper work. Find out that the medical power of attorney isn't enough. Get a financial power of attorney done. Move her stuff into the moving van. As we were about to turn into the new place, get told she has to stay in the hospital. Fine, move into storage at U-haul. In the meantime, I'm starting a file cabinet for all of her relevant files, paying bills, transferring stuff, canceling stuff, and generally taking over her external dealings.

Led helps finish the install of the rollbar in my jeep. I get the new swaybar disconnects installed, and the new exhaust. "Um, Dad, my jeep isn't working right." Zac's jeep takes a dump. You may have read about it. :) Then one Friday afternoon, my wife calls me and says her jeep is stalled in the intersection of Austin Bluffs and Academy. Fine, I call a tow truck. As I'm driving to the intersection I get a call. It started, and she went to her next patient. Fine, take it to the dealer(it had been having various other undiagnosible issues previously, and very intermittently.) That Monday, out of 4 vehicles only the Honda was drivable. She takes it for work. Calls me about noon. OOPS! Snagged the belly pan on a speed bump. I had to tear it off in a parking lot in the sun and 95 degrees.
This was the only reasonable working vehicle we had at the time, and my wife's job is home care, where she drives constantly. About that same time, the kid went to mow the lawn, and the lawn mower wouldn't start.

I get all the CO chapter stuff to Dennis on the Friday before COfest, and thanks to him, it goes on. I still hadn't situated my mother. The glass offices finally get their crap together and tell me that I'm laid off. So I start jumping through those hoops. Got my mother situated, the dealer put a new CPS in the wifes jeep(Ouch, Ouch), the kid's jeep is fixed after adding a couple of ground wires, mine works, and the Honda is resting. The lawn mower cost $150, ran twice, and quit again.

So today, I got to try to help Jeff with his problems. I think the code reader did help. His 97 XJ remains a mystery. The Jeeps all work, but my 90 isn't done. I'm almost done with my mother's situation, and I have only one more site to register at for unemployment.

I had to talk to the unemployment office today for an hour. He did say that I'll probably be eligible for extended benefits. Which should take me to retirement. If my wife allows. :)

A 60-hour week and I'm too tired to bitch. :speepin:

Jim Grooms was right.

The wife says her Pontiac GTP has a miss. I looked at it today. You can't even see the spark plug wires on the back side of the engine let alone the spark plugs. This is going to be fun.

After forty six years of working on cars I'm going to have to buy a book on how to install spark plugs!!?

Everybody wants to go to heaven but there ain't nobody that wants to go now.

Walk a mile in a cop's shoes....... We deal with LOTS of people who threaten to send themselves to heaven........ Seems like we frequently talk them into NOT checking out early.

Last edited:
I asked myself that same thing. Then I got to thinking it was probably too much paperwork.

Apparently that's what the family of the troubled person expects from us..... if we don't, they fawkin' sue us. Yay.

Back