• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Road OTT steering kit

volksr32

NAXJA Forum User
anyone ever use this???? for the whole system only $500 and some change?! seems like a good deal.......

Hello all, i'm new to the forum. I've had my XJ for a few years now and i just ordered this kit from Rocky Road Outfiters as i've ordered many other parts from them for my Jeep, I ordered the OTT system 3 weeks ago at it was shipped yesterday so I will receive the parts next week on the 17th. as soon as i get the kit I will install it and let you know what i think of it. I seems like a great product for the price.

I ordered the OTT system 3 weeks ago at it was shipped yesterday so I will receive the parts next week on the 17th. as soon as i get the kit I will install it and let you know what i think of it.

Don;t get too exited it took them 3mos to send a trackbar, and they never answer the phone.

Rocky Road has a HORRIBLE reputation here, i would not suggest anything from them. Look at how that kit is designed... It has like dom tubing welded to blocks of metal that holes are drilled in, how dangerous can you get! It may be cheap but its cheap for a reason. Steering is NOT a part of a jeep you can cheap out on, IMO. I did it and I now regret my setup.

rro customer service sucks, their shipping sucks, and they make bogus claims on their website. I heard from people who have purchased that kit, and it didn't come with all the parts, and the parts it did come with needed modification to fit right.

I bought a 1.5" budget boost from them a few years back. It came with BPEs. The front BPEs didn't fit. When I called them, they told me I was wrong, they're universal. There was no way to modify them to fit either, we contemplated it. RRO told me if I wanted to press the issue, they would take them back, minus a 15% restocking fee, and I had to pay shipping. Not worth the trouble, the kit was only $30 more than the same one without the BPEs, so I'd probably have ended up losing money to send them back. I still have the spacers and shackles installed. No complaints there, sturdy and has held up great. Plus, they mistakenly sent me 2 sets of spacers, so for a while I was on 3" of spacer lift...:D

Moral of the story? Don't spend money on a kit from a company that treats their customers poorly and talks out of their rectum through most of their website. I mean seriously, sit down one day and read their info on long arms. Then check out the rest of what they have to say on everything else.

Hello all, i'm new to the forum. I've had my XJ for a few years now and i just ordered this kit from Rocky Road Outfiters as i've ordered many other parts from them for my Jeep, I ordered the OTT system 3 weeks ago at it was shipped yesterday so I will receive the parts next week on the 17th. as soon as i get the kit I will install it and let you know what i think of it. I seems like a great product for the price.

You got an update

got a 96 XJ with a RE 5.5 lift I know RRO reputation but seeing how this is a new product wondering if anyone has used it

I'm using it on my '92 XJ. So far so good. I haven't experience any of the problems mentioned on this thread. Guess I'm lucky. I will agree that it's much more of a pain to align this system vs stock steering. But it does the job I needed it for. I have almost 9" of lift and 35" tires. I was having crazy bump steer before, but thats's a thing of the past. I hope this photo shows the kit well. If wanted, I'll take pics of the actuall kit installed on the Jeep.
Easter09003.jpg

i had this kit on my old xj, sucked to put on and then tooks me way to long to align, and i do alignment everyday. it is a great idea but needs designed better so it is easier to align. and could be alot easier to install. i bent the one knuckle bracket so it was a nice waste of money. i will just go with blue torch brackets next time, since i dont run a sway bar so i dont need those crazy brackets that u have to bolt on

bought tgis kit for my 90 xj...worst decision ever!!!!! will not work on vacuum disconnect axels...and way to much cutting, grinding and drilling to be considered bolt on....i wasted money hope you dont,....

i never got to fully install my kit only mess up my stock stuff to make this work and in the end it wont

What did you have to drill your tre holes in the knuckles too?

yeah had to drill the stock and new knuckle, but had to take the rocky road knuckes into a machine shop because it was burning my 20$ bit. the kit is NOT worth the money nor the company worth your time

yeah had to drill the stock and new knuckle, but had to take the rocky road knuckes into a machine shop because it was burning my 20$ bit. the kit is NOT worth the money nor the company worth your time
I dealt with them in 04ish. Everywhere I go I warn people away and I will never deal with them again myself.

Back