• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil on spark plug threads and misfire cylinder 6 on stroker

Stroked01

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys! So my 01stroker has a cylinder misfire in #6. Pulled the plug and there is an absolute ton of oil on the threads. So, that's a valve cover gasket. But, the plug itself looks OK, so I'm thinking replace coil rail. Any other suggestions on what to look for?

Usually with oil on the outside, the boot gets worn enough to cause the spark to travel outside the plug somewhere other than the combustion chamber. Absolutely change the valve cover gasket, and check the oil filter adapter for leaks. It can blow back while driving and coat the back half of the engine, but usually it gets the starter. If the misfire isn't cleared up by changing the rail (I'd do just the boots, but that's me) then I'd swap the last 2 injectors to see if the misfire followed the injector. If not, do a compression test.

I think you'll have it nailed when you change the rail though.

Back