• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Did not eliminate all vibrations/noise

McBergs

NAXJA Forum User
So I just installed a hack n tap sye, no problems at all, test drive and it definitely removed a lot of vibration, but there’s still a little bit. Same with the noise, the same speed matching noise is there, however I’m not sure where it’s coming from. I do have an auto locker but I don’t think they’re supposed to make any noise like that.

I followed this https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1079133&page=5 thread (idk if that worked properly) which seems to be the exact same thing that I’m having, seems like driveshaft noise but a double cardan should have fixed that.

Any tips on where to look would be great, thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not letting me delete this but I got a video and it looks like my driveshaft is just bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spit-balling, but have you measured your Pinion Angle? I'm not sure what it should be but a search might show it (-4* comes to mind).

The pinion should be 1-2* less than the driveshaft angle to correct for axle wrap.

Back