• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you ID these SRB?

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
Had these around for years. Considering using them now. No instructions or brand known. Can someone ID them for me and expound if you've used them?
Bolt on SRB is all I know.

Thanks
2993c8f67674bd4b2d94bf7fbca381ea.jpg
07302d61d74a04b99a023f7c8acd893d.jpg
312b1dee312fc378c76b8efb78545434.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Dang! How can I resize these pictures or make them thumbnails at least? They're from my Android.

Thanks!

I emailed IM for instruction .pdf. and any details they can provide (really minimal on their website) Hopefully they'll come through. I might end up with HD bolt-in if these require cutting the shackle box out. Then these will go up For Sale.

Still like to hear from someone who's using them, love or hate, amount of lift..

No cutting required, I run these same ones, bolt on, no cuts, no welds. easy! they bolt to the factory nut strip in the frame, and the stock shackle bolt.

No cutting required, I run these same ones, bolt on, no cuts, no welds. easy! they bolt to the factory nut strip in the frame, and the stock shackle bolt.

Yes, but they give a lot of lift over the factory set-up. There are some no-lift boxes out there but those are not them.

Yes, but they give a lot of lift over the factory set-up. There are some no-lift boxes out there but those are not them.

Website says 1.5" lift. Also says factory shackles will work with them. I can live with 1.5" in my mind, what my eye tells me after installation might be different. I wonder if that 1.5" is maximum or minimum. If I'm understanding the geometry the amount of lift depends on which hole is used.

I guess the installation is pretty self explanatory. I have aftermarket nutserts for JCI bumper and gas tank skid so hope I'm good to go there. Seems like I might need to mount under those to minimize lift. ??

Thanks a bunch!

But the factory shackles "suck", they totally limit the travel.

yes lift can be selected by which hole, BUT you want the shackle angle to be ideally 45 degrees. An adjustable length or other length shackle may be required to get the lift you want AND the 45 angle.

So set it up with shackle at 45 degrees, which ever holes gets closest to 45, then if lift is not correct, get shackle of right length.

If shackle is not near 45 degrees, the ride will be harsh on bumps. a 90 degree angle is worse case, shackle hanging straight down, even street speed bumps will be too harsh at walking speed

Last edited:
If you add 2" spacers you will need a new suspension. I have know clue why you are making this harder and harder!

If you add 2" spacers you will need a new suspension. I have know clue why you are making this harder and harder!

Definitely around in circles. So, tell me the simplest solution.. (again?)

Ok at the risk of sounding even more ill- informed.. l'm assuming the round relief on the right goes to the rear for clearance..
67943a8220d0ce131119d44d5fb34fb8.jpg

This angle doesn't appear too bad, eh? It's not vertical.
b72e01cdd0b6ec3a52abe87e0f6973a7.jpg

Definitely around in circles. So, tell me the simplest solution.. (again?)

Put the shackles you say you already have in, then go from there if needed.

This angle doesn't appear too bad, eh? It's not vertical...

There is nothing specifically bad about a vertical shackle. It just requires a softer leaf pack to attain a cushy ride. If the angle you show in the photo is at ride height, I'd be concerned about the stock shackle hitting the back of the shackle box. A longer shackle would very likely resolve that possible issue.

Yes, it's hitting, the shiney mark is the spot. Other side backward bolt hits the skid nutstrip.. my initial concern was the sound and feel from this.
All that's left is the wrenching.

Thanks

Ok at the risk of sounding even more ill- informed.. l'm assuming the round relief on the right goes to the rear for clearance.

Those Rubicon Express shackles are not clearanced to act as a boomerang. Those clearances are purely to make room for the bumper mounting bolts. You may still need to cut down the bumper bolts to get full movement.

Those Rubicon Express shackles are not clearanced to act as a boomerang. Those clearances are purely to make room for the bumper mounting bolts. You may still need to cut down the bumper bolts to get full movement.

Got it. Thank you.
I'll probably get rid of those bolts.
Admin needs to put a "Like" tab so we can acknowledge help without a written comment. Or am I just missing where that might be?

Back