• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix AC Low Pressure Switch Replacement

BoneStock

NAXJA Forum User
Searched, but just couldn't find... Is it possible to replace the AC low pressure switch on a 4.0 Renix ('90 Laredo) without purging the R134 (converted from R12 years ago)? Just had the system re-filled after not using the AC for years. Clutch not engaging on compressor (it will when I send power to it). I suspect the low pressure switch (about to jump it). I just hope I don't have to dump all the new 134 I just put in! Thanks very much!

Did you figure out your problem with the service ports? What pressures do you have on the low and high side?

I did! Just unfamiliarity with the old ports, actually. Didn't know the old ones had to be opened/used also in order to allow flow. I did not do the filling myself and wish I had asked for the pressure numbers. They just told me it took a charge "as designed". Now I have to troubleshoot what I hope is just a bad low pressure switch. I hope it can be changed without losing pressure.

There is no way to change the pressure switch without pumping the system down and re-charging after the installation.

For anyone searching this topic in the future, know that four seasons part numbers 14720, and 14718, are 90° elbows that replace the factory compressor shut off valves (that leak more often than not). These new parts numbers include suc, and dis fittings for 134.

Back