• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear spring torque specs.

four_shot

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Main eye: 115 lbft (21mm)
shackle eye and shackle bolt: 80 lbft (21mm)
U-bolt nuts: 55lbft (18mm)
lug nuts: 85-115 lbft (3/4")

I just thought I'd put this here for future searches. Remember, torque with the vehicles full weight on the springs.(either on the tires or jackstands)

Assembly tips

Remove the factory reciever hitch to get enough room to remove the lower shackle bolts.

Install the shackle bolt first then pry the spring forward until you can get an alignment punch into the main eye. You may need an extra set of hands w/ a prybar to lift the centering bolt over the spring perch until it drops into the correct hole (there are two!)

hth

Is the shackle eye really only 80 ft lb?

I think the front eye and shackle eye (basically what goes into the unibody) is 115.

These were the specs I got out of Alldata on tuesday when I did mine. I believe they cut and paste direct from jeep.

The springs at least, are suppose to be re-torque after driven for a while.

Last edited:
good to know.

As an aside, and a mini review. The Dorman springs squeak like hell. I'll try greasing them shortly and seing if that is a permanent solution.

They seem to have shut up on their own. I'll post up if they get loud again.

Wow... only 55# for u-bolts at spring/axle? Guess aragah-raga is too much.
Great info.

Long term update...No issues with springs coming loose using these torque specs. And the noise never returned.

Same experience with Dorman squeek. Bad about two weeks in, tried greasing it worked for a bit and returned. But after a couple months it went away. <shrug>

Back